Community post

Discussion

Bbt help?

I'm new to this bbt charting and I'm so confused. How can you tell if you ovulate? According to the app on my phone I was set to ovulate on cd 15. There is a dip in my chart on cd 13. Would that mean I ovulated early? I don't have any previous cycles to compare to do I'm trying to figure this out. I've also been using opks testing 3 times a day since cd 9 but haven't gotten a positive...any insight would be very helpful. I'm Ttc #1...so I'll take any opinions I can get. Thanks????

. .

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

The only way you can tell if you've Od is if you have a dip in your temp followed by 3 consecutive higher temps. I used fertility friend when I started temping and it has come "courses" you can take that goes thru temping and how to read your chart. I would continue using OPKs as well since both of those together can be helpful at pinpointing O. Also monitoring your cervical mucus can help!

8 years ago

Hi Kitty5983, you don't necessarily need to have a dip in your chart before you ovulate. Sometimes I don't. The general rule is that you'll have at least 6 days of lower temperatures before ovulation and then you'll have at least 3 days of higher temperatures which are normally 0.4 to 1 degree higher.

For example, my last cycle I had temperatures ranging from 96.5 to 96.6 from cd 10 to cd 16. Then, from cd 17 onward I had temps around the 97.45 mark. This means that I likely ovulated on cd 16 (the last day I had a lower temperature).

Hopefully this helps! Good luck.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo