Community post

Discussion

Symptoms

When do pregnancy symptoms usually start to appear?

4 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

It is different for every woman. with my first pregnancy I didn't get any real pregnancy symptoms. A few mild food aversions, very sore breasts but that was it. Miscarried at 10 1/2 weeks so that could be linked. This pregnancy I had serious gas starting 14dpo, tested 15dpo and had intense hunger pangs from 16dpo. The hunger pangs started abating a little when I was 5 weeks (still there in reduced form at 8 1/2 weeks). The serious gas also abated a little but definintely still there too. Week 5-6 I had lots of cramping/stretching in my uterus. Sometimes so painful I wondered if I should go get checked out, but wanted to avoid medical people as long as possible! I still get cramping/stretching but not as much as that week. Started feeling really nauseus a day before 6 weeks. Had a full week of all day nausea which was NOT fun. Then that abated for the next week (which scared me as I had bleeding). Had a scan, everything fine. A couple of days ago the nausea came back with a vengence. Also felt extremely fatigued for the past week or so. Makes me very unsure about how I am going to cope with my job for the rest of the pregnancy!

So what is your story?

9 years ago

My first pregnancy last year ended in a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks but the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks 1 day. We had to have a D&C. We got pregnant 2 cycles later again and ended up having a I guess it was a chemical miscarriage. A year later we are pregnant again last few days I was nauseous, constipated, and had very sore breast with a very faint positive. This morning my test is quite a bit more positive but haven't felt nauseous. My boobs are still sore with some slight cramping here and there. I haven't really had any fatigue, it bothers me a bit. I am only 3 weeks 6 days though

9 years ago • Post starter

Your symptoms sound perfect for how early you are! I learned you can't stress about what isn't there. Only stress if there is something obviously wrong (and even then try not to stress as there is nothing you can do!) Hopefully this time goes better than the last ones. You have had a bad run it seems :( Have you been getting any fertility help or anything? After that many losses they usually like to investigate.

9 years ago

I talked to my doctor and she said that since they were so early losses it was actually better because that meant something went wrong with development and nothing genetic. I have a doctor appointment for Friday to make sure my levels are rising good.

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo