Community post

Discussion

Failed IVF - fertility issues

Hi everyone, we just did our first IVF. i had 4 eggs which were put in with hubbys swimmers and unfortunately none of them were fertilized - so ivf wasnt completed.

the scientist said that it looked like my eggs were rejecting the swimmers, because instead of the swimmers all trying to attack my eggs they were actually not going near my eggs at all...

does anyone know anything more about this, or what its called, or ways to fix it?

i have a dr appointment in 5 days to go over results and talk about next steps, but i want to know whats wrong with me now....

TTC for 3 years. Me 29 Hubby 28 We were initially told Male fertility, low motility and now we have been told we have 'unexplained infertility' Failed iui #1 Sept 2013 Failed iui #2 Oct 2013 Failed IVF #1 - May 2014 - no eggs were fertilized. apparently my eggs rejected hubbys swimmers in IVF, im still not sure what this is called, but looks like our Fertility issue is that my antibodies may be rejecting hubby....

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

You probably already know this by now, but I imagine the next step would be ICSI - let's force those swimmers in! :)

9 years ago

Sorry to hear about your situation. I feel the same way. Just went thru third IVF. Everything was great. I strongly believed this one will be success. My Dr. said 3 days after transfer they were still in amazement over the quality of my eggs. If everything was perfect why didn't it work???? Just don't understand. How can I continue to fail with such a good eggs? I don’t get it. Not giving up. Going to try again. Will find the funds somewhere. Our insurance doesn't cover any infertility tx. That also I think is unfair. It's not like we chose to have infertility problems. This’s not my fault I can’t get pregnant. Anyway, good luck to everyone.

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo