Community post

Discussion

Spotting during 1st trimester pregnancy.. my experience :(

Well this may not be the case for everyone as one of my friends spots through her whole 1st trimester because of a weak cervix.
I started spotting 10/5/2015 but never got my period took a test on 10/8/2015 and got a BFP. Went to urgent care because of spotting and I was 24 HCG too early to see anything on the ultrasound. Went back the following week for another HCG test on 10/16/2015. MY HCG levels were 1285 so everything was looking good in the mean time still spotting brown and light red, like a quarter size on my panty liner everyday. But that evening I started bleeding heavily and I knew then something wasn't right I was crying on my way home something just didn't feel right. Went back to the emergency room on 10/21/2015 my HCG levels had only raised to 1585 & the baby only looked like 4-5 weeks no heart beat which I should have been 7 weeks. They also said I have bleeding around my gestational sac. :( Today I went back my HCG levels were 1957.. & the Dr did another ultrasound and she said my baby wasn't growing the only reason my HCG levels were rising was because of the placenta they want to do a D&C on me this coming Tuesday but I feel as if I don't have no choice, she also found a fibroid I have to get removed on my cervix which at 1st they thought it was a cervical polyp.. I am so devastated since I am 36 and this was my 1st pregnancy.. Has anyone had a D&C.. I don't believe in abortions but I also don't want to leave this untreated I heard you can get infections if you don't get cleaned out.

1 Reply • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage, most of the time your body will take care of it on its own but I've had a D&C for a missed miscarriage, the gestational sac kept growing even though the baby had stopped quite early on. Let's get one thing straight though.... you are not having an abortion! There is no fetus to abort, it is no longer living.
Stories like this are tough to hear but are by no way helping another mother in her quest to conceive and by no way helping a mother who is scared because she is spotting.
Again I'm very sorry for your loss.

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo