Community post

Discussion

Trying after a laparoscopy

I was told 4 years ago I have endometriosis but didn't believe the doctor because he had also told me I wouldn't be able to have kids (I had my son a a year and a half later). Well I've been putting it off for so long to get checked out further til today. I called and scheduled an appointment for the 9th of June. Its been almost 2 years since my miscarriage of twins and I have yet to get pregnant again. I figure something is going on so I would make this my first step. Its been so long since I had a laparoscopy done that I don't really remember anything from it and I'm not even completely sure if this new doctor will do one. I have so many questions and don't know anyone to turn to since my family doesn't really stand behind my decision to have another child. How long afterwards does it take to get pregnant? I have so many more questions but don't even know where to begin with them though. So if any of you ladies have had one done before I could really use a lady or a few ladies to talk to about this. I'm a complete nervous wreck right now :(.

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Depending the extent of your endometriosis, it is still possible. I had extensive endo when I got pregnant with our first (and currently only) child.
My doctor told me that the BEST time to conceive is directly after have a laproscopy. Chances are good that if you are doing everything right, your tubes could be blocked (in 2 years i've had FOUR done, and they were blocked twice), adhesions could have your tubes wrapped around something, your uterus could be tipped, the list goes on.
Endo isn't a DEATH SENTENCE unless it's ravaged your uterus (that isn't really repairable) or you let it go so long that it accrued too much scar tissue on your ovaries (I am currently down to half an ovary.. but I am NOT OUT yet!)

9 years ago

And my parents aren't behind us either.. which is why we aren't telling a soul. Our DS is now 4 and I turn 27 in June. I want a little girl so BAD! IVF is still an option but I want things to happen on their own (College fund.. or another child.. hard choice!)

9 years ago

I'm not really sure on the extent. When I was told before all the doctor said was you have endometriosis and you'll more then likely never have a kid. I'm half scared to even know how bad it is. My mom had it before and had to have a partial hysterectomy after she had my little sister. I just want to be able to have one more kid and I'm scared they'll tell me I can't have anymore

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo