Community post

Discussion

First U.S. only saw yolk sac so far....coming back in a week

So I went for my first Ultrasound yesterday and I thought I was 6 weeks. They did the transvaginal ultrasound but all the tech saw was the gestional sac and yolk sac - no fetal pole, baby, or heartbeat yet. She didn't seem too worried and said that my dates might just be off. She scheduled me to come back next week to check again and make sure something was there this time. She mentioned how she feels like since this doctors office has you come in at 6 weeks for your first U.S. that she ends up not seeing anything the first time and has to bring more than half her patients back a week later. She even mentioned that she always goes over her charts for the next day the night before, and while viewing mine she calculated what my hcg will be as of yesterday off of my last beta done 2 weeks prior. She said it was only supposed to be around 13,000 and she actually thought to herself she wonders if she is even going to see anything. She explained my numbers are perfect though, nothing wrong and they have been increasing perfect but they just need to be higher or further along for the fetal pole, then baby and heartbeat to show. She estimated I was measuring about 5-5.5 weeks.

She also did explain the chance of it being a blighted ovum, if I am in fact 6-6.5 week along. She said nothing looked alarming but she has to give both sides.

I am so nervous and scared and don't know what to think. I was charting and taking opks, although I did get 5 days of positive opks, so maybe I o'd later than I thought. I thought I did on the 2nd day of positive opks.

Anyone have any experience with this?

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

What happened in the end?
I had a really early US at 4.5 weeks due to cramping and only saw the sac, however I was t expecting to see anything that early so that was a bonus.
I hope yours turned out fine. :-)

9 years ago

Im going through the same, went for a scan at 10+4 and she could only see the bubble, said it was only measuring about 5-6 weeks so i have to go back for another scan on monday when i'll be 12+2. keeping our fingers crossed but have felt numb and misserable waiting. hope ours both turn out fine. x

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo