Community post

Discussion

pregnant after a miscarriage

Hi guys I just got a digital positive pregnancy test and I'm excited but so nervous! My husband and I found out that we lost our last little 1 at around 8 weeks when we went for our 12 week scan back in February. It was our 1st pregnancy. I had 2 end up having 2 procedures 2 remove it over the course of 2 months n i had my 1st period at the start of this month. So I must of caught 6 weeks after the 2nd op. Please can anyone give me success stories of a healthy pregnancy after miscarriage as I'm petrified. Also will they scan me early to help my anxiety? Thanks guys x

30 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 30 Replies | Last Page

Katie, congratulations!!!!!!
The only advice I have to give you is to try not to be stressed. This is a new pregnancy, a new start.. forget about the previous one!
I am in the same boat. Exactly like you, on 12th week they told me that the embryo had stopped on 9th week. I had a D&C on 7th of march. As we have been told, we waited for 2 months and this month was the first one of TTC.
I am on DPO 13, but I already had two tests and two BFNs. I have many times thought about the stress of another miscarriage, but I would try to stay calm. At the moment I am desperate for a BFP and your story gives me hope!
Just think positive. Think that this baby has come to stay!!!
Good luck, and stay in touch!

9 years ago

So sorry to hear about your loss! Thank you for support, you have made me realise that I should be greatfull for falling pregnant again and I am but I'm just petrified I will loose it! I guess we both have to get past the first 12 weeks as scary as they may be in order to become mummy's! I wish you all the best in ttc, let me know how you get on and I will keep you posted on mine. My husband and I are struggling to agree on when to tell our parents, as my husband is just as excited and keen to tell them this time as before but I'm very cautious but would like the support. What would you do?

9 years ago • Post starter

All the stress you feel is completely, normal just try to minimize it. You might find helpful to enjoy yourself with doing things you like, or just meet often your friends, so that your mind is not stuck on your pregnancy.
For me, I dont think this is my month. I am on DPO 14, expecting the AF to come. Another test this morning showed BFN (there is a faint line shown before 15 min., but i have called it evap. line)
As about when to inform your parents, I would do it after the blood tests, but it always depends on the persons and your relationship!
keep going well dear.... and dont forget that firstly it is you (both you and your DH) that should be ok, healthy and happy.

9 years ago

I know how you feel I had 3 miscarriages in a row and when I found out I was pregnant for the 4th time I was so nervous and scared words can't describe how I was feeling, I couldn't enjoy the pregnancy just incase it happened again, but now I'm 16 weeks and going strong so it can Happen you just gotta be strong and hang in there. Good luck and all the best xx

9 years ago

Therose, I am so sorry for your MCs, I really imagine how you feel! I want to wish you THE BEST for this pregnancy!!!!!!
Keep going well!!!

9 years ago

Hi Katie,

Congrats on your pregnancy! I also suffered a MC. It happened earlier this year. But I just found out Saturday that I'm pregnant again!
Enjoy your time being pregnant as much as you can. Wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy!

9 years ago

Jfarmerp contratulations to you too!!!!
I wish you the best for this pregnancy!!!!

9 years ago

Therose69 I can't imagine going through 3 mcs you're obviously a very strong woman! I honestly don't think I could cope with another 1! All the best 4 this precious angel xx

Jfarmerp how are you doing? Congratulations fingers crossed for us both x

Hey Katie,

I'm going to doctors tomorrow to see if my hcg numbers have gone up. I feel like everything is going to be fine. My doctor is taking extra steps to watch over this pregnancy.
How are you feeling?

9 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo