Community post

Discussion

Failed IUI ...I dont know what went wrong :(

Hi...I am sooo very tired of trying....we went for IUI and it failed...after 3 days past my due date...I was expecting guuud news...was very happy ...thankful ...all was taken from me...here I am back ...scared...lost hopes and I have reached a stage when I don't pray ...or sometimes pray and cry...I don't know how to cope up...im going for my 2nd IUI...please help me ...I don't know what preparation shall I do from my side before IUI and what measures shall I take after IUI to keep pregnancy...I am completely broken ...please help me

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I have had many IUIs and have not become pregnant. With each IUI there is about a 10-15% chance of it resulting in pregnancy, only if the sperm are healthy and egg is of good quality.

I think the best thing you can do is to try stay positive and have patience that it may take several cycles to achieve pregnancy. My RE doctor said that being stressed out really has negative influence on success rates for conception. I know it's difficult, but we have to keep pushing forward.

9 years ago

I'm right there with you! I am on my second IUI right now and currently 11dpo/dpiui. I had 2 mature eggs with clomid and a 15mil motile sperm count. My HPT was still BFN today and I am losing faith in this cycle. I just told someone else I was sick and tired of TTC. Just ready for it to be over......

User Image

9 years ago

I did 6 rounds of iui, got pregnant 2x's and miscarried both time. With IUI you never know. you are not "pregnant" when they do the insemination. you still have to leave it up to mother nature. the success rates of iui are better than trying on your own especially if you have been trying for a long time, but it's not guaranteed. nothing with fertility treatment is guaranteed. I know it's easier said than done, but stressing doesn't help. you need to prepare yourself mentally for the process. unfortunately it is what it is.
We have been trying for a baby for over 3 years. it's been hard on me, on our marriage and on our overall life, but at the end of the day stressing has done nothing to help us. I find coming on here and venting is helpful. having people that relate to your situation and give you some insight is helpful.
Keep your chin up, stay positive, try to relax and believe that whatever will happen will happen.

Dot

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo