Community post

Discussion

Exercise while TTC?

I am 35 and have two kids already and am trying for my third. For my other kids, I didn't workout and was 50lbs heavier than I am now. I am my ideal weight at 140lbs now and I run at 5mph 30 min 6 days a week and also lift weights 4 days a week. I have been TTC for two months and am wondering if my exercising will negatively effect my chances of conceiving. Does anyone have experience with this?

4 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Excessive exercise or low weight can effect your chances. I am very similar to you. Just trust your body and don't over tire yourself.

8 years ago

Yeah. I was down to 130 but I gained 10lbs once we decided to have another and I have slacked off some on the exercise. I'm going to slow down to 4mph and lower my weights during weight training. Hopefully that'll be enough. I know that I'm still ovulating so that's good. My cycles used to be 28days and now they are 23-25. I wonder if its due to all of the exercise.

8 years ago • Post starter

I have been TTC for about 5 months now. I was working out (running/lifting weights) 5 days a week for the first 4 months. This past month I have slacked off and haven't been to the gym at all. Needless to say, I just got my BFP! Was it a coincidence? Maybe. But exercising does mess with your cycle so it's possible that it makes it difficult to get pregnant.

8 years ago

Holy Cow! How exciting! Ok I'm totally going to slack off now. :):)

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo