Community post

Discussion

HELP! Implantation Bleeding lasting 5 days?

LADIES I NEED HELP

So here is my struggle.... My hubby and I are currently TTC baby #2, and we have been trying for the last 8-ish months. I have 27 day cycles and they are all relatively accurate (I have been late a couple of days or early 1 day). We took a break for 2 months on ttc because it was just stressing me out and making me sad every time AF came up. This month we decided to start trying again... and by trying I mean using the clear blue opk and doing the deed when it says I am ovulating. I we bd every other day while I was fertile and then on my ovulation day and the day after that just to be sure. I ovulated on Oct. 1st, and I am not suppose to start my period until Oct. 15th. I started spotting on the 7th ( I went to the bathroom and when i wiped I was devastated thinking AF had arrived)...but realized that it was waaaay too early for AF to be here.... 8 days early?? I have never been that early before. I came back to my phone and googled it and everything pointed to IB.... however my "IB" lasted 5 days.... it was light to where I only had to wear a panty liner. I didn't have any cramping or anything else other that the blood. It wasn't like AF...it was very light and it would vary in color, sometimes red, sometimes dark red, brown and than light pink. I stopped spotting last night and decided to take a HPT but it came up negative.... so my question is:
Have any of you ladies experienced what I did?
How long do I wait to take a pregnancy test?
Do you think i actually experienced IB?
If you had IB when did you receive a positive HPT??

Thank you guys for all of your help!

3 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I just went through this, we are not TTC but did the deed on my approximated ovulation date. I spotted lightly like you described for 6 and a half days, was due to start AF today but the spotting stopped instead, I've had other symptoms too, exhaustion, nausea, vivid dreams, peeing all the time...I'm eager to hear how it turns out for you, I was on BC but stopped when I got suspicious. I would love to be pregnant! I got a BFN this morning, so I figure i'll just wait to see if AF ever actually comes, please let me know what happens for you!

8 years ago

I am really hoping it turns out that I am pregnant! That would be amazing :D
I will most definitely let you know how this turns out... I'm not due to start AF until Thursday and I want to wait till then to test but knowing myself I will test in the AM lol ... I have read that 24 hrs or 3-4 days after you stop bleeding is when you can start testing so I guess we will see!
Fingers crossed for you as well letsgetlucky! I would love to hear how it turns out for you too!

8 years ago • Post starter

Officially 3 days late with no sign of AF yet, but stil bfn hpt :((. Let's get lucky how would you describe your IB??

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo