Community post

Discussion

HCG levels rising but slowly

Hi ladies

After 3 early miscarriages we tried to get pregnant again and 18 months later we finally had our BFP! So happy and oh so scared.
I was prescribed cyclogest and aspirin, although I dont seem to have a low progesterone level or a blood clotting issue. But if it doesn't harm its worth the try.

My Betas are as follows:
14DPO: 69
17dpo: 261
21dpo: 669

Between The first two readings there was a beautiful doubling time of about 38 hours, however between the 2nd and 3rd reading there is a doubling time of 69 hours, 60% rise in 48 hours.

I had a scan yesterday at 5weeks 3 days to rule out an ectopic and only a small empty sac was seen.

I was told that my chance of a failing pregnancy was more than 75%. I am absolutely gutted.. Had my betas drawn yesterday and will get the results tonight.. The minutes feel like hours..

Does anyone have any experience with slow rising HCG levels but carried on to have a healthy pregnancy??

Thank you xxx

4 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Update; my levels went down to 5XX, I have to stop taking cyclogest to allow the bleeding to start. Another scan and blood test booked to ensure all will be gone next week.
I am a wreck and wonder if I ever will have a healthy pregnancy again. I can't take this anymore..

Can I add something without trying to seem rude? It would be so nice if people read the topic of someone who is clearly hurt or anxious, for them to leave a little comment of support.. Even if the question can't be answered. Sometimes that's all someone needs, that's why we are on this forum, to get support.

I wish everyone the very best..

Xx

8 years ago • Post starter

Hello this must be a horrible time for you. All the waiting for blood tests and results. I hope everything goes perfect for you in the future and you get the great news im sure you deserve.

Im actually going through something similar, last wednesday i was told i was 99.9% going to miscarry as my hcg levels were 60. On the friday I rang a midwife and she said they couldnt possibly know that without taking two sets of bloods. The monday after (yesterday) I had my bloods done again and got my results today. I was told by the receptionist that my result said 'not pregnant'. Devastated I hung up the phone. When i called back to make an appointment as i wasnt sure what to do next she said she couldnt fit me in today and I should call back tomorrow. Before we ended the call i asked what my hcg level were and she told me they were 539 meaning im still pregnant and my numbers doubled fine. I have to wait till the 30th for a scan to see if everything is okay.

All the best for the future!

8 years ago

I am so sorry. It's doesn't seem to make any sense when drs can't seem to find anything wrong and there seems to be no reason for the pain. I will pray that you find a little peace during your tragedy.

Mill

8 years ago

Thank you so much.. X

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo