Community post

Discussion

Fertility aids, supplements, vitamins and why we take them.

View Full Post

What do you do to increase your chances of getting pregnant and why? Have you noticed any changes and how long did it take? Have you had any side effects? Have you had IUI or IVF? Can you give advice on what to expect for someone considering it?
Basically, do you have anything useful to pass on to someone starting their journey or is looking to improve their chances?
Thank you ladies ????

32 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 32 Replies | Last Page

Kerzie,
I have heard from my massage therapist (who is also a herbalist) that vitex is best taken continually throughout your cycles. Baby dust!

8 years ago

Thank you so much Mozart for checking up on that, everyone seems to have a different opinion online which makes my head spin. I had been taking it from day one until ovulation so might get extra luteal days yet!!!

8 years ago • Post starter

It's amazing how many different ways one can take all these optional herbs and supplements. I take vitex all month long as well, and it's working for me at this point. Now just to get that LP a tad longer. Anyone have ideas on when to , or not to, take B6/B Complex?

Sometimes my head gets spinning with too much information and I have a hard time making what I consider an informed decision!

Big Hugs to All!

8 years ago

Pixandpoetry, vit b6 and b complex is taken throughout the cycle along with your prenatal vit.

8 years ago

I also take my vit b6 and b complex all through my cycle. I heard b6 can also help with morning sickness so is safe.
Any ideas with how and when is best for progesterone cream? Got some a month or so ago but haven't used it as was a bit scared it would do something bad. Silly I know but it's an unknown to me.

ANTIOXIDANTS

Each antioxidant that has disarmed a free radical becomes sacrificed unless it's 'sister' antioxidant comes along and regenerates it.

- LIPOIC ACID, Regenerates itself and all the other antioxidants.

- VITAMIN C, Regenerated by vit E, lipoic acid and glutathione.

- VITAMIN E, Regenerated by vit C, CQ10 and lipoic acid.

GLUTATHIONE

To increase levels take as a stand alone supplement or 100mg of lipoic acid. Considered natures master antioxidant, it is also one of the most important defenders of a cells immune system. It can have a positive impact with autoimmune issues as it is involved in regulating the pathway that activates genes that can cause chronic inflammation (It suppresses the bad genes that trigger autoimmune issues). This can also be helpful for those who are experiencing immunological miscarriages or if the body is rejecting your mates sperm.
It is also shown to be an anti-aging antioxidant, think of the possible impact this can have on our egg health

Hi Kerzie,
Thanks for posting on antioxidants. I just wanted to add a couple of others that are great like grapeseed extract and aroniaberry extract (aroniaberries have more antioxidants than any other berry), pycnogenol, and axasthantin.
I did research on glutathione. The only problem I see is that it has to be administered via IV every other day in order for the body to absorb it. This does get expensive, and I believe glutathione itself is quite expensive also.
VITAMIN DUST to all!

8 years ago

Hi,
Thanks Mozart, I was going to do some follow ups on antioxidants and was hoping everyone would add to the list. I had to rush my post on Glutathione (gsh) as my wee boy woke up crying with nightmares. I mentioned gsh first as a few of the ladies have autoimmune problems and let's face it ttc is stressful enough without additional worries.
Short term studies have indeed shown no rise in gsh levels but more recent studies have shown that taken over longer periods of time the levels do indeed rise. It is hard to raise your levels but is well worth the effort as your life expectancy can be determined by the levels of gsh in your body.
Oral glutathione can take up to six months for levels to rise as it is not easily absorbed. Levels can also drop once you stop supplementing.
Liposomal glutathione is better absorbed but has to be fresh to be effective.
The best way as always is through food and diet. Broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, cabbage and parsley contribute to raising gsh levels. So do the spices turmeric, cinnamon and cardamom.
Adequate amounts of vitamins C, E, B1, B2, B6, B12 (by this point I want to shout bingo!), folate, selenium, magnesium, and zinc either from diet or additional supplementation are necessary for raising gsh levels.

If you want to explore glutathione further I found great information at
www.immunehealthscience.com/how-to-raise-glutathione
Near the bottom of the page is a helpful link to "what depletes glutathione?" Which in turn has a link "ways to boost your immune system"

Remember, lipoic acid regenerates glutathione and can help to keep your levels from declining further. My advice would be to take lipoic acid while trying to raise your levels of glutathione naturally, this is what I was pointing towards in my last post about regenerating antioxidants. Sorry I didn't get the chance to finish it off.

Mozart, I have never heard of aroniaberry extract or axasthantin (and get rather tongue tied trying to say it, lol), do you know what they do or what they are for? It's just so people can understand at a glance what they might be interested in.

Sorry for the rant, never sure how much or little detail to add
Hugs for everyone xx

Kerzie and Mozart - I love how you ladies are so into furthering our knowledge on this board. Some of the things you recently mentioned I have heard about, and others I had no idea! Thanks for being so thorough in your descriptions and adding links to articles. I've found them all so very helpful.
At this point, I'm willing to try anything and everything that will give me that extra something ! Keep the info coming!

8 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo