Community post

Discussion

Pregnant again after recurrent miscarriages. What to do?

Hi ladies,

I am pregnant again after 2 chemical pregnancies and 1 missed miscarriage.
Then nothing for 18 months, but now I've finally got a BFP.
Currently I am 4+2 weeks so still so very early.
After the 3rd m/c I've been tested but nothing was found.

When I found out i was pregnant again, (ive done like 7 tests and none of
the lines are as dark I would like) I've went to the GP the morning after, at 4 weeks. I explained my situation and asked to been prescribed some progesterone, she told me she wouldn't take that responsibility.
I then asked if my bloods could be tested at least to check my Beta levels and progesterone levels. She gave me the forms, but the result can take 7 days she said. She didn't give me forms for the repeat beta levels to compare. So I will go in tomorrow morning to request these.

I did go to te EPU on Friday and requested, more like demanded, progesterone which I have been prescribed. But I was told that it was a department only for people with threatening miscarriages, so I can't come back there unless I believe I am having a miscarriage.

Is there anywhere else I could ask the GP to refer me to? Or I could do a self referral? I am so desperate to at least be taken seriously and be seen by someone who actually knows someone. My GP actually asked me what a Chemical pregnancy was?!

So sorry for the long post..
Any advice would be welcome..
Xx

3 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I would like to be seen by someone who knows something, not someone lol..*!

8 years ago • Post starter

Seems like your GP is pretty clueless. Could you request a referral to an OB or MFM? If not a referral to take over your pregnancy care since you're so early, at least a one time consult to make sure your pregnancy is established? And if she won't refer, at least she could make a call on your behalf to get some advice?

8 years ago

Thank you jbean29, i will surely ask. I just walked into the surgery to make an emergency appointment for today to get my blood forms. I get an annoyed response from the receptionist saying that its not an emergency and I should make a normal appoitnment, earliest available in 3 weeks time. I nearly bit her head off!! But I've got my appointment in a few hours now..
Thank you!!

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo