Community post

Discussion

14dpo BFP after missed miscarriage - looking for buddy!!

Hi there ladies,

I've just got my BFP at the weekend after a missed miscarriage in January (we had d+c)

I am obviously delighted with the positive result but terribly anxious of what might happen. My GP hasn't been particularly supportive either, telling me to come back in 2 weeks IF I am still pregnant!

I totally understand it's early days and am trying to keep positive and relaxed. I'm 32 and this will be our first child.

Looking for a buddy maybe in a similar situation who can help keep me sane and hopefully vice versa!

Wishing you all the very best on your journeys and good luck to you all.

5 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Hi,
I understand how you're feeling. I've had two miscarriages, one in November and another in January both very early on. ( 5wks and 6wks 4days) I am now 6weeks 3days and hold my breath every time I wipe after using the bathroom. I was advised by my doctor to wait three cycles before trying again fortunately we concieved the first month back.

I haven't gone to see my doctor yet. I want to wait until at least 7 weeks. My md usually just does a hpt test to confirm the pregnancy and schedules an appointment for 8/9 weeks where she does an ultrasound. I just don't want to go in fill out new pregnancy paper work, make an appointment just to have to cancel it a few days later. I had some light spotting at 5.5 weeks and my heart just fell. So far things seem to be going well, no more spotting and my symptoms are still pretty strong.

User Image

9 years ago

Thanks for replying, and sharing your experience.

I'm really sorry about your losses.

I know the statistics are in our favour but just want this little one so badly it hurts. Every twinge and niggle is being over analysed and it's making me hyper paranoid.

I've already been in touch with my Early Pregnancy Unit (after my visit to non-sympathetic GP) and they have booked me in for an early scan at 8 weeks, in 4 weeks time.

Just praying that we get to see something positive then. I'll send an extra prayer up for your little one too.

Sending you hugs.

xx

9 years ago • Post starter

Hey k3nnysmum just read your blog how r u doing? I can be your buddy my husband and I conceived our first child in December and found out at our
12 week scan that we had a missed misscarriage at 8 weels had a d and c beginning of Feb but had to hav a reapeat begining of march due to the 1st one not being done proerly. I found out at the end of may that we are pregnant again and am now 8 + 4 weeks pregnant. I am freaking out at every twinge and pain! I have a scan thursday have you had yours yet? X

9 years ago

Hey k3nnysmum just read your blog how r u doing? I can be your buddy my husband and I conceived our first child in December and found out at our
12 week scan that we had a missed misscarriage at 8 weels had a d and c beginning of Feb but had to hav a reapeat begining of march due to the 1st one not being done proerly. I found out at the end of may that we are pregnant again and am now 8 + 4 weeks pregnant. I am freaking out at every twinge and pain! I have a scan thursday have you had yours yet? X

9 years ago

Hi Katie,

Firstly, I am so sorry to hear your sad news about your missed miscarriage. Your situation sounds almost identical to ours. It's so sad, but I wish you many congratulations on this new pregnancy.

We are currently 9 + 5 weeks and had a scan at the early assessment unit at 8 weeks. I am so delighted to tell you that they found baby, who measures well and had a decent heartbeat. They told us our miscarriage risk had now dropped to 2% and I am thrilled with those odds. Obviously there's still a few weeks to go until our 12 week scan (don't have a date for that yet) but we're trying to keep strong and have everything crossed that Junior managed to hang on in there!

I'll be thinking of you on Thursday, and really hope everything goes well for you.

How have you been feeling so far? Any sickness or anything? I had what can only be described as a hangover for weeks, along with proper fatigue, but the midwife at our 8 week scan said the symptoms could come and go over the coming weeks as the placenta starts to take over.

Please let me know how you get on later in the week. I'll send up a little sticky prayer for you. Let's hope 2015 will be our year!!

All the best. xxx

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo