Community post

Discussion

Moms TTC again after 4+ kids.

Hey everyone!

As a mother to five beautiful children and TTC again, I was wondering if there were any other mothers like myself here on CTP. DH and I decided from now on to not share too much info on our journey, since not everyone was thrilled about our decision to have another child. Basically, I'm curious if others are or have gone through this and how did you deal with it?

6 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Hi
my name is emma,

I'm in similar to you I have 4 fantastic kids and we are TTC our 5th hopefully it will happen, I have had 3 miscarriages and a chemical pregnancy as well, the CP have just had, I'm going to make appointment to see my GP to see if they can run some tests or refer me as I'm going to be 40 this year. Our family know we are TTCing but wont tell anyone the next time we fall pregnant though until we get past 3 months. I would just like to say good luck x

9 years ago

I currently have 4 children and had my tubes tied after my fourth due to an abusive relationship. I had my reversal done in September and have been trying for my fifth since then. My wonderful hubby wants to experience the whole baby phase so we thought we would give it a shot. Some people think we are crazy and think we should just leave things alone but this is what we both want. Only a few people know we are trying to conceive and it will remain that way. Lots of luck and baby dust to you ladies!

9 years ago

hey there :) i have 3 children from a previous marriage and my wife and i are hoping for #4. were 29 and 25 and family will probably think were nuts so weve only shared with a few close members. we figure why not :)

User Image [bfp

9 years ago

I'm 38 and have 4 wonderful children. My baby is almost 10. Been ttc for two years now and having no luck. My other kids came very easily. I'm wondering if age has something to do with it.

9 years ago

Hey everyone!

It's good to see some mums like myself on here. I myself am in my thirties and have been TTC since last August. I do feel like it was easier to conceive my other children. However, I did suffer from a CP in Feb and was informed that could have thrown my cycle off.

Out of curiosity are any of you ladies doing anything to increase your chances of conceiving? I've read tons of stuff online (though I'm almost sure most are old wives tales) that claim to have helped other mums conceive. Folic Acid, Yams, Dairy....? Any of this true or is it all wishful thinking and good timing?

As for our lack of support, DH and I solely dwell on each other as well as those who truly support us (and unfortunately that's not many.)

Good luck to you all. XOXO

9 years ago • Post starter

Hi all

I definitely think for me its an age thing, I never had any problems conceiving all my first children and I don't think I have a problem getting pregnant now it's just keeping them in there. My last miscarriage I was advised by the hospital to take baby aspirin when I next get a positive they said it helps with the blood flow, which I'm going to try but apart from that all I'm taking is a pre-natal vitamin every day.
oh I'm using opk's too and trying to do the temping thing as well.

well good luck to you all xxx

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo