Community post

Discussion

Missed miscarriage right after a chemical?

I have a 2 year old son, which took almost a year to conceive. We were trying for number 2. Had a chemical in March then conceived the next cycle. Found out yesterday at my first visit (10 weeks) we lost our baby at 7.5. I had a D&C today. My doctor doesn't seemed concerned since we have a 2 year old. Looking at stats, it suggest testing if you have 2 or more mc in a row. Does the chemical count as a miscarriage?

Any encouragement or advice is welcomed. Feeling discouraged.

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I'm sorry for your loss.
I want to say it's not considered a miscarriage, no. Due to some reason or another the egg didn't implant, so even though it was fertilized, it flushed out like an unfertilized egg would usually do during your period. There's lots of reasons for chemicals, genetic defect, lining wasn't thick enough, etc., but try not to worry. 70-75% of all conceptions (fertilized eggs) don't implant, so it's very very common. This is actually the reason I've decided I will not test before 2 days before my missed period. Most women don't even realize they've had a chemical, because they weren't trying to conceive. But for ttc'ers, especially those prone to testing a early as possible, they're more apt to realize it as they're paying attention to that specifically.
Point is, chemicals are pretty common, so try not to worry. If it really bothers you, see another doctor. You have the right to a second opinion. Or third or fourth even.

User Image

9 years ago

The exact same happened to us, chemical at 6 and missed at 10. We're trying to conceive our first. My gp isn't too concerned either as many women have 2 mc and go on to have healthy pregnancies. Feeling positive xx

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo