Community post

Discussion

I need help I feel so lost first timer and I have no idea

Ok so my DH and I have started trying this month I got off my BC pill in February 2014 didn't have a period in march and had my last period on April 12. I took ovulation test stripes but I couldn't tell if they were really positive I have been really tired and maybe TMI but bloated and gassy and cranky. Took a test monday and today (Friday 16th) both BFN. Idk if/when I ovulated but math suggest that I would be on day 12 past and period due Sunday/Monday I am just lost in this all any helpful advice I sure could use it

5 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Hi Ecto3788,

How long were you on the BC for? I was on them for 10 years and now on my 9th cycle of ttc. Most tests only show a positive on the day your period is due so best to wait until then :) I am due to test on the 20th so baby dust to you.

9 years ago

Thank you for responding kellycorvus
I was on bc for 10 to 11 years. Lol I never thought waiting for that BFP would be so hard. If I dont get anything by the 23 I will test again. Does ovulation test help any suggestions on those? Being on BC for so long I am lost on when I should ovulate or really any memory of my periods lol.
Good luck on the 20th baby dust to you!!!!!

9 years ago • Post starter

It might take a few months to get o day right. I would start charting. You can get smart phone apps and ovulation dip strips to make life easier.

I didn't realise how hard ttc would be either. My dd was a surprise. She's 7 now and my partner isn't her father so it's been very hard.

9 years ago

It will probably take a while for your body to become regular again after coming off BC. As suggested by someone else, start taking your basal temperature. Fertility friend is a good app/website. Good luck!

9 years ago

Well thought I would give an update still waiting for my period took a test yesterday and thought I saw a positive but the test had all these indentations in it I haven't had any cramping and at night and in the morning I have been nauseous. I tend to over think things lol so I guess I will try another test next week sad thing I took a picture of the test so I could analyze it still have no idea

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo