Community post

Discussion

Irregular or long cycle & the TTW

Hi, I am new here so apologies if this question is already answered elsewhere!
Had a 'missed' miscarriage last July so docs seem satisfied that me and hubby have the ability to conceive. Began trying again around September with no luck so far. I am now stressing which I know is not helping. Am finding myself in a cycle of optimism, followed by disappointment & sadness and also struggling with that old emotion called jealousy of family and friends appearing to get pregnant 'just like that'.... Anyway my question is about the TWW. My average cycle is long about 39 days but has been known to be over 50 (stress perhaps I think!). So I was wondering, do I need to wait until day 39 to test or should it in fact show after the two weeks? I hear lots of people struggle with the TWW so do I in fact need to be looking at a 5 week wait?? Currently on day 20 or so, ov test pos last Sunday and did the deed at the hopefully right times. Feel very close to giving up as I feel I am losing myself and the wonderful life I had before all this!!

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I too have irregular cycles and it drove me insane. I started taking my BBT and it makes life a lot easier (no more insanity!). I really recommend temping, it takes a bit of getting used to at first while you're learning but once you get the hang of it it's pretty straight forward. My body clock wakes me up at 6am every day now for temp taking. I use fertility friend. It will tell you based on your temps and other signs when to take a test. GL and chin up! :)

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo