Community post

Discussion

clear positive with fmu followed by negative smu

So I took a dollar store test this morning with FMU. It came out with a very clear positive. About two hours later I took a stop and shop brand blue dye test with smu (it was definitely more diluted looking then FMU) looked to be a negative with maybe a line if I was squinting. Im guessing that it came back negative because it was diluted so much and im very early. Just need a second opinion please to put my mind at ease. Has this happened to any other of you?

3 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

This had happened to me before but for a different reason. Mine was a chemical pregnancy. For you im pretty sure its just the second urine wasnt as concentrated to give a positive result. Also, maybe the second test is not as sensitive as the dollar store brand. Keep us updated! Get a beta drawn if you can. Gl!

8 years ago

Yes! You're def. pregnant based on your positive fmu. The pink dye tests seem to be more sensitive on average than the blue dye. FMU has more of the HCG hormone in it for pregnancy to be detected, as it builds up overnight, which is why your second test was faint / negative. Hope this helps! Either way, confirm at the dr.! Congratulations!

8 years ago

Well, I couldn't wait any longer so I went and got a digital test and held it as long as I could and...

PREGNANT!! :)

Thanks for your help ladies!!

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo