Community post

Discussion

New to charting. Someone help :(

Hey all. New to bbt and charting. Wondering if someone could look at my temp chart and see if maybe i have ovulated? i usually have around 35-37 cycles. Thanks in advance!!

7 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Hi. I don't know much about charting but I have downloaded an app that helps and let's you know what's going on. Fertility friend. GL!

8 years ago

According to your chart, it doesn't look like you have ovulated yet. You have not gone .3 degrees higher than any of your other temperatures to create a biphasic chart. Keep doing it for a few months. It takes awhile to get the hang of it and to understand the chart.

Make sure you take your temp at the same time everyday.

Good luck!

User Image

8 years ago

I was doing the BBT and then I found out that it has to be after you have had a solid sleep for at least 3 hrs. This worried me so I stopped charting because my chart was all over the place. I wake up so many times through the night that when I was checking my temp every morning there was no way I had just had 3 good hours of sleep...any advice?

8 years ago

I have been charting for about 5 months now. I used a basal thermometer that I bought at Fred Meyers for 4 months then last month I got tired of the temps being all over the place so I bought this one
(Easy@Home Digital Basal Thermometer with Basal Body Temperature Chart for Ovulation tracking)

on Amazon and it was AMAZING last month! Still no luck for me but this thermometer has been great. It is VERY accurate and it has a very soft alarm on it to wake me up at 5 AM every morning and its memory holds 60 temps with the time that it was taken and everything. It was only $20.00. That's less than all of those OPK's I was buying!
Were you on birth control recently and if so how long have you been off of them? I was on ortho evera patch and it took me a couple months to show a distinct pattern and see that I was actually ovulating.

User Image

8 years ago

I'm completely new to the TTC group. Can anyone explain what temping will help me understand? When I ovulate?

Thanks for the thermometer recommendation!

I really need some guidance on how to use a temp chart and do it right!

8 years ago

Lunardays, It is really easy! Just set the thermometer next to your bed every night and mine has an alarm clock on it to wake me at 5 AM but before that I just took my oral temp whenever I woke up in the morning after a long stretch (at least 3 hours) of sleep. I then put the temp in the calendar on this website.

The first 2 weeks of your cycle it looks a little like garbage but after the 3rd week or so you should start to see a clear temperature shift. In the beginning I used OPK at the same time and that helped tell me before I ovulated and then wait a day or two and you will see your temp should shoot up higher than it has been all month. That is when you know that you did in fact ovulate.

I love the chart on this website because it predicts the ovulating based on your chart. The other one that I use is an app called "fertility friend" but you have to pay for a subscription on that one.

Good luck!! If you have any questions I will try to help. I have been charting for about 6 months now and still no success for me :-( But is is reassuring to know that I am ovulating and hopefully if I do have any problems and have to see a doctor for fertility having this info will help diagnose faster!

User Image

8 years ago

Hi, I'm new to charting and was wondering if someone could look at my chart. I had a significant temp drop this morning at 8 DPO and I have no idea what it means!? On this chart it is showing that my temp dropped below the coverline but on my Ferility Friend chart my temp is right above the coverline...I've read about implantation dips but this seems like a huge drop...Anyone else have such a huge drop in temp around 8 DPO? Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo