Community post

Discussion

IUI Trying To Conceive - Cycle Buddies!

Hi all! I am doing my second IUI and am at 5dp IUI. I am just so nervous and keep trying to figure out what feels normal and what doesn't. Everyone seems to have different symptoms and would like some cycle buddies and to hear other people's stories.

208 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 208 Replies | Last Page

I also wanted to add some of the symptoms I've been having in case anyone else has been experiencing the same thing.

-dizzy
-headaches
-slight nausea
-some pain in my breasts
-white discharge
-frequent urge to use the restroom

Is anyone else feeling the same?

9 years ago • Post starter

Hey, I am on my second cycle of IUI. And am 6 dpo I have been having some headaches and cramps but today my mouth has had this super salty taste. Besides the trigger shot and clomid I also tried eating pineapple core this cycle. I also have been feeling some dizziness...this TWW is brutal.

9 years ago

@Philly I'm so glad you responded. This TWW is torture for me too! I keep wanting to know already. I haven't experienced any type of cravings for particular types of food. I have been extremely thirsty.
I did a trigger shot last Tuesday the 6th and IUI on the 7th. I got a second Novarel injection on Saturday and started progesterone. I'm was on injectables this past cycle of Gonal - F and a microdose of Lupron. It was so hard having to inject myself 3 times a day! I'm hoping it works this time! I hope you get your BFP this cycle too!

Thanks, I hope you get your BFP too. Power to you, I don't think I could inject myself., that has to be so tough. We are one day apart, I got my trigger on Monday May 5 and iui on Tuesday May 6. I just went this morning to give blood so they could check my progesterone levels, and then only one week until they blood test me to see if I'm pregnant!!! How many follicles did you have, we are hoping for twins and were lucky enough to have 3 follicles at the time of insemination ? I can relate to the thirsty thing, I feel like I have never drank so much water. I have been wanting to drink hot tea but hear that if you are pregnant you shouldn't drink herbal tea, do you by chance Know if there are any types of hot tea that are safe?

9 years ago

Well I only had 1 follie! I wish we would have had at least 2 or 3. But it only takes one. I hope you get your twins! That would be wonderful. I go next Wednesday to get my blood drawn for the HCG level. I'm so nervous and I keep over analyzing everything that I feel. I don't know if there is any tea that's okay to drink. I've just stayed away from all caffeine during this time. So my symptoms are very light and it lasts just for a real short period of time. I've been feeling very bloated and have been needing to unbutton my pants when I'm sitting for extended periods of time. Have you been feeling that at all? So I guess we are in the implantation stage right now. I've read that people say that they spot a tiny bit or have a very light pink tint. What have you read/hears about this time?

One follicle is beautiful. I have been feeling bloated too, I have been staying away from pants that need to button hahah. I'm not sure if I'm bloated from the medicine ( trigger shot/ clomid) or if it's a symptom of pregnancy of coarse I think everything is a symptom of pregnancy at this point. I also have been feeling almost bursts of things like cramps or almost hot flashes. I hear at this point along with implantation spotting, it is common to have fatigue, a metallic taste in the mouth, sore bbs, and vivid dreams. I didn't have any unusual dreams the first cycle, but this cycle I had a dream I was pregnant, and my partner swears I'm pregnant. I thought I was pregnant the first time but I was wrong so I feel like I can't trust my instincts. What are your feelings on pregnancy tests? I am so antsy one minute I think it's best to wait until The blood test but the other part of me wants to take a pregnancy test during the weekend.

9 years ago

I'm the same way about my symptoms. When I did IUI on other cycles I thought I was pregnant and ended up being disappointed! So I'm trying to be very cautious about my symptoms. I keep hoping I'll see some implantation spotting but I hear it's not always the case. I've just been having cramping today off and on but very light cramping. So I'm hoping it's implantation cramping. Fingers crossed. Last cycle I took pregnancy tests like crazy... probably spent $100 on tests. :-) I know I should wait until next Wednesday but I might test that Monday or Tuesday. It's just so hard to wait. How about you? Do you think you can wait for your blood test. I'm hoping all your symptoms lead to that BFP!

Well my first cycle I took one poas test 2 days before my blood test and I did not like seeing that negative( and not knowing if it was false or not). So I think I will be able to wait it out until the blood test this time. Today I had such bad hot flashes, like the air conditioning was on and I was sweating. I feel like the next 6 days are gonna be the looooongest. If you do take a poas test I hear the Target ones are good and cheap.

9 years ago

Hello ladies,

I am 11 DPO and 12DPT of Ovidrel. I went for my IUI on 05/03/14, so I am 11 past IUI. No new symptoms to report except being thirsty a lot. So far I've been getting BFN's on all my hpt's. So hoping for that BFP. This is such a difficult tww.

-Victoria

9 years ago

@Philly I have 3 pregnancy tests that I bought the day after my IUI. Lol! I had hot flashes today too! I went to work and every room I went to was hot and I was sweating. Kind of embarrassing! My breasts are slightly sore but not terrible. Have you had any spotting at all?

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo