Community post

Discussion

Any ladies with late BFP stories??

Alright, I am a very regular 24 day cycle girl. I have had 1 cycle since my miscarriage in September that was 23 days. With that pregnancy I got my BFP at 9 dpo. This cycle things have been very different. I didn't get the sore boobs after ovulation until af and since 4 dpo I have had an off and on stuffy nose and sore throat. I had some on and off cramping and then the day before af was due I had cramping just like af had started and had to keep checking. Well I am 2 days late and 12 dpo and still feeling like af is going to start any minute but nothing. For me, I do not cramp before I get af, just the day it comes. This is similar to my last pregnancy but without the cold symptoms. BUT, still a BFN!! I'm never late and I know exactly when I ovulated thanks to opks and ovulation pain. Do you ladies have some stories that can dig me out the dumps?? This is year 5 TTC with a miscarriage and 2 chemicals and I've gotten to know my body so well and feel very positive about it, but why bfn at 12dpo???

8 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

Well good golly! I thought I'd at least get 1 response :( Well i am now 3 days late for AF. I'm not going to test though. I really don't wanna see another BFN :((

9 years ago • Post starter

HI Tiffany!

I am currently at 11 DPO and POAS at 9 DPO, BFN!

I am not going to test until 15-16 DPO. From what I read those are the best times. Even if you are late sometimes you can't get a BFP until several days after your missed AF because you could have had late implantation. If you implanted late, you will get a BFP late!

Keep your head up - wait a few days and test again if AF doesn't come :)

9 years ago

If it makes you feel any better, I have never ever gotten a bfp before 12 dpo, even using First Response 6 Days Sooner. This time, I bought internet cheapies and didn't get my first bfp until 13 dpo and it was very faint and took at least 5 minutes to show a second line.

9 years ago

Thank you for your replies ladies! ! I'm trying so hard to stay calm and wait it out to test on 16 dpo. Today I am 14 dpo and still no af. I am about 95% sure I am pregnant though. I am never late and definitely not 5 days late! So something is up. Still having quite a bit of cramping and boobs just started hurting a bit yesterday. Feeling a bit tired but that's really about it, although I am a daycare provider and a mommy of 4 so I always tired! Lol
Good luck Leeah!! I pray that BFP is exactly what you get! How long have you been trying to conceive?

And ttc... how far along are you? Congrats!

Xoxo

Finally called doc. Wants me to come in for blood test for hug and progesterone stat. Since I have had multiple miscarriages they feel they need to intervene asap. Oh soo nervous!! Praying hard!!

Good Luck to you!!! Hope all goes well at the doc.

Me and fiance arn't actively ttc, I am actually on BC but missed some pills. We have been together for 6 years and have had a m/c before in June 2012 when I got off of BC for a while so I am nervous about that this time around. I have stay on BC just in case of m/c since as you know it is heartbreaking!

I still feeling as if I am preggo but still no BFP - took another HPT this morning at 12 dpo and I used the e.p.t brand - have any of you used it before?

It is the +/- test with the | control line. Mine came out what looks to be - in the test box, but it was so faint!! I have taken HPT before and when I am NOT pregnant it is a very distinctive - sign! This being so light I am wondering I am just starting to produce some hcg hormones so the - is lighter than it normally would be?

Maybe I am a nut!??!! What do you all think?

9 years ago

Hi i am also a very regular 24 day cycle girl. I got my bfp today at 18 dpo. And ur not nuts try testing again in a couple of days
Good luck

9 years ago

I took 2 more this morning, one was negative and one was the faintest positive I have ever seen! Like so faint it was hard to see at all!

Might be an evap

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo