Community post

Discussion

Looking for ladies in their 40's TTC

View Full Post

Hello :)
I was wondering if they are any ladies out there in their 40's ttc. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other along the way.
I'm trying for another child but have had a few losses along the way but not ready to give up just yet, not while I know they're still some eggs just waiting to be caught!
and to every single one of you out there!

583 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

231 - 240 of 583 Replies | Last Page

Pixandpoetry - I agree with others sentiments.... I hear of so many times women stop trying, de-stress and then they become pregnant. I pray with all my heart that happens to you! Much you you!

Baby Bean - you crazy girl! Oh yes, how could I EVER forget about the skirt and stockings my friend?! My dh would like to thank you! I have tried the Maca root, but stopped when I started the Clomid. Now I should get back on it again. My dh was taking it too! Need to order some more!

SydneyNat - I know what you mean about symptoms possibly being psychosomatic as the last three months I experienced them and thought for certain that I was pregnant! We want it SO bad that we are convinced! I keep telling myself I'm just going to stop recording my symptoms, but then I find myself logging them all again. LOL I am rooting for you babe and can't wait to hear more good news!! XOXO

& to everyone!

User Image

9 years ago

Mayer51313, sorry the got you. This cycle is another chance for miking a baby!. I tested on 8dpo last month, so early testing seems "normal" around here.

BabyAngelG, happy dancing! I've thought about trying baby aspirin, but unsure of whether or not I need it.

Pix, saying prayers for you. NTNP-ing may be your lucky charm, you never know. . Ditto on baby_bean's advice about not leaving the group.

SydneyNat, this is your month. I've thought about donor eggs, too.

AFM, OCD craaaaazy as usual, lol. I'm trying to limit my log-in to once a day (not working yet ). Excited about my new RE consult tomorrow. She's going to flip when she sees the list of stuff I'm taking.

9 years ago

The ladies that are finding donor eggs too expensive, am I right in assuming you in the US? That's terrible that costs prohibit!!

Here in Australia we are so lucky - for now! Our Government is tyring to send our excellent medical system down the same route as America!

If I use donor eggs my out of pocket expenses will be around $6,000.

The problem is finding a donor. My younger stepsister is more than willing, but she's only 10 months younger than me.

She just gave birth to healthy baby number six in February! She fell pregnant the ONE and only time her and hubby didn't use a condom since their five year old was born. She's clearly still got it going on.

The problem, my fertility doctor said, is that she might be popping out a beautifully healthy egg every month, but at 42 she might not be popping out LOTS of healthy eggs every month, which is what you need your donor to be doing.

If I'm not pregnant this cycle, I'm going to ask my fertility doctor how we go about testing my sister to see if her eggs are possible. She is more than willing and I am more than happy to accept! I think it will be lovely. We've been sisters since my dad married her mum when we were aged 7 and 8 respectively. If I use her eggs, there will be a blood link tying our families.

I'm feeling negative today. Seing a BFP on a hpt stick now seems like a holy grail.

How ironic that we spend our younger years praying NOT to get pregnant :-(

Sticky vibes and baby dust to everyone today xoxoxo

9 years ago

Buster I am so excited for you! I'm believing with you.

9 years ago

Deleted - duplicate

9 years ago

SydNat,

Your position really resonates with me because I was where you are (looking at options) a year ago - when I was newly married for the first time at 44 (!). That's when I really started looking at any/all options. I believe somehow/someway children will be a part of our married life, I just don't know *exactly* how will look (foster/adoption/donor egg). There are no guarantees, only an open heart for the opportunity when it presents itself.

I learned so much about the donor egg process and what a good candidate women well into their late 40's can be. Basically the only disadvantage we have as we age is the quality of our eggs. Don't forget, we were born with our lifetime supply! A good RE will take special care to make sure your endocrine system is optimized to keep up.

I have three younger sisters, one with children, but I only approached one who is 36 about eggs. At my wedding, people were confusing us, that's how much we look alike. She said she'd think about it, but never answered me back. I took that as her position, and respectfully let it be.

Yes, it is about expensive as a small car purchase in the US to get coordinated with a donor, none of which is covered by insurance. When I wrote a five-figure check to hold the donor, that scared me a little. My RE guarantees eight quality eggs. And if that doesn't happen, or there are other issues (eg., m/c), they make an adjustment back to the patient. My RE also has certain criteria for her donors (prefers if they already have kids, that they are comfortable with the ethics). There are also considerations if donors that are not local, and extra costs can be incurred if they have to travel in. I was lucky enough to get a local donor. In the US, there are also good nationally-recognized organizations that exclusively provide these services.

I really do encourage you to look into it. It is not for everyone, but it is worth learning about. I remember when actress Halle Berry had her last child and her publicist weirdly emphasized it was "natural," I thought 'horseshit.'. Not hearing about these options more in the public does all women a disservice. Puhleeze.

Another consideration is donor embryos. They cannot be bought or sold in the US, but national exchange services matching donors (typically those done with having more children) to those in needs does address some other interesting ethics.

Good luck. I hope you have a good open conversation on the options still available (but too often not talked about).

9 years ago

Oh heck! Forgot to share my Dr.'s office called me late this afternoon to share my hcg that was taken this morning was a whopping 601! I nearly fell of my chair. Here I thought I was out of the game because I don't have wicked symptoms. Looks like I'm just lucky and need to quit being a ninny about every little pinch -n- pain.

So that was a low 40 hour doubling time since my last measurement on Friday. That surprised me, turns out I can be just as much an over-achiever as the young-uns!

9 years ago

I hope it's all going well for you Buster!

I'm absolutely looking at using my step-sister's eggs if I'm not pregnant by the end of the year.

It's the same here - it's illegal to buy a donor egg, but perfectly legal to have one gifted to you.

The clinic I'm doing my ovulation tracking through makes the couple and the donor go through a counselling process to ensure everybody is on board with what is happening.

My partner has a step daughter who is 21 and he wanted to ask her if we could use her eggs, but I said that would be creepy and we couldn't even think about suggesting it - even though they are not blood related.

Then told him I'd consider it (as long as SHE is willing) if we also used donor sperm. That way he's not fertilising his step-daughter's egg. That would just be way to Jerry Springer for my liking!

I know there are options - as I said upthread, Sonia Kreuger, a television presenter here, just announced her pregnancy a few days ago. She turns 49 tomorrow and she is very open about the fact that a close friend donated an egg.

I too am tired of celebrities pretending they didn't use donor eggs! It sets up unrealistic expectations and doesn't help anybody.

9 years ago

I'm devastated. I just did a hpt and it's negative,

I'm 11dpo. I thought most people who are pregnant at 11dpo get a positive test by now.

Can't stop crying :-(

I was so sure this was my month. Everything felt right and the nurse at the fertility clinic said my one week past ovulation blood looked really good.

9 years ago

Sorry Sydney :( We're there with you in spirit.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo