Community post

Discussion

Looking for ladies in their 40's TTC

View Full Post

Hello :)
I was wondering if they are any ladies out there in their 40's ttc. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other along the way.
I'm trying for another child but have had a few losses along the way but not ready to give up just yet, not while I know they're still some eggs just waiting to be caught!
and to every single one of you out there!

583 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

211 - 220 of 583 Replies | Last Page

High positively,....welcome. I just joined this group too. So far these ladies are wonderful! I'm on CD 9 so we are close to each other!! Good luck TTC this week! My DH has been out of town since last Wed, and will return Tues. That always makes BDing more fun!!

9 years ago

Hi olderbuthopeful ! We are close! Glad I have a buddy. I have never joined a group . It's nice to know there are others in the same boat. How do I follow you? I added you as a friend

9 years ago

Good morning everyone and welcome to the newbies.

I am on the edge of my seat with anticipation.

I had some cramping on Friday night, the strong kind I usually get a week before AF.

But Saturday it was pretty much gone. Then yesterday and today it's back but it feels different to AF. Those cramps are usually right in the centre of my abdomen. Yesterday and today they are more left and right, switching between sides around where my ovaries would be. If I am pregnant, implantation will be around today or tomorrow going by the averages. I'm 9dpo today.

I had my blood test on Saturday at the AR clinic. This was the test a week past ovulation to see if I needed any progesterone suppositories. The nurse called me with my results and said I have plenty and don't need any medication. She said it's too early to tell yet if I'm pregnant.

I asked if she can tell, by my blood results, if I might be pregnant? She said she can't tell, but that the "conditions are optimal".

Of course, I went and did a HPT yesterday, thinking if my little baby implanted I would get a result. On a cerebral level I knew it was too soon, but I did it anyway LOL. Of course it was negative.

I can't explain it - I just feel this time it's different. I really think I am. I have my pregnancy blood test at the clinic a week from today. I'll know by the weekend though. If AF doesn't come by then, I'm pregnant! I definitely ovulated last Saturday, so AF should come this Sat if I'm not pregnant.

I've got the top four symptoms for 9dpo - fatigue, cramping, bloating and gas. I've also got a pimple on my cheek - and I never get those anymore!

Also, I hopped on the scales on Saturday and they telll me I've gained 5kgs in the past two weeks. Not possible! My jeans were tight and I had to loosen the button, but if I had gained 5kgs (that's more than 10 pounds) in two weeks, surely my jeans wouldn't even fit, and I don't think it's even possible to normally gain that much weight so quickly!

Fingers crossed. Baby dust to all of us and big massive congrats to those of us who have their BFPs xox

9 years ago

Oooooh SyndeyNat! I am so excited for you. All signs sound promising and you're right 9dpo is really early. I have been feeling really positive about this month as well. I'm not sure about my most recent tests, but decided to try a FRER tomorrow.

Can't wait for all of us on here to get those sticky

Pix

9 years ago

All fingers and toes crossed Pix and Syd!!!

And welcome and happy baby- making to the two new ladies

9 years ago

What an upbeat thread to wake up to this morning! .

I'm keeping everything crossed for you SydneyNat as it does sound really promising and everything seems to have been done to perfection!!! .

Pix, you're due a as we've both (as with others) been waiting a while now so please lead the way and will be praying for you as yes we all need those, keep us all informed!! Your tests sound really promising! .

Hello and happy Monday to everyone else and of course good luck with Ovulation and 's!!

Baby bean give your little cutie inside your tummy a gentle rub from me to say hello!

9 years ago • Post starter

Well, a BFN for me this morning on the FRER at 11dpo. Guess it will soon be time to stop the progesterone and move on to next month. Some times miracles just take a while to materialize!

SyndneyNat - Can't wait to see your BFP this month!

Onemorebaby - thanks for the good wishes. Maybe I'll get lucky next month during my vacation! And come home to see you have gotten that and sticky lil one too!

BabyBean - so glad you are doing so well and let us live vicariously through you're lil one. Like Onemorebaby said, give him/her a little rub for me!

All you other ladies, chins up, keep , and I know you will see those 's!!

Pix

9 years ago

Busterdogs. When I was pregnant in the past, I did go to my regular OB instead of my RE b/c my RE wouldn't see me until I was 7 weeks, but I wanted some labs sooner. I had not problem getting the labs I wanted with my OB. I'm glad you're not stopping progesterone w/o your dr's blessiong, b/c it could cause a mc if stopped too early. Also, thanks for the link to the blog, it's really good. Anatomical undies made me lol!

Angelgirdel, sorry the got you. here's to this new cycle.

Welcome to the group olderbuthopeful43. I'm sorry for your loss. I'm 43.5 & have been ttc my 1st for 4 years. I had a mc earlier this year, 2 failed IVFs, and 1 failed IUI. I've just started some new supplements & am awaiting an appt w/a new RE & starting acupuncture later this week. I've tried pre-seed, & agree w/jazmine, it's very messy, so I just use a 1/2 a tube.

Pixandpoetry, Well??? Do share!

Positively praying, welcome to group! You'll find this is a positive & supportive place to share with other ladies >40 & TTC. A tip on the soy isos, consider preseed, as they can cause dry CM. I hope you get a BFP soon!

syndeyNat....ooooohhhh & aaahhhh...really excited. Eeekk!

AFM: nothing new. Enjoying the departure of AF & am still taking my new cocktail of supplements...my dh says maybe wait just one month of not ttc, then ttc. We'll talk about it some more at the RE visit Wednesday.

9 years ago

Lol...I really must learn some restraint, BFN today and wouldn't you know there is some brown tinge to CM as well. Next month remind me not to test until well after 11dpo! Hate getting my hopes up for nothing.

Hope you ladies all have better luck !

9 years ago

pixandpoetry I'm so sorry. Maybe it is implantation bleeding???

Welcome new ladies!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Ours was busy as usual. I'm on cd4 and just spotting today. I usually go for four days, fourth being light and then spot the fifth day.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo