Community post

Discussion

Looking for ladies in their 40's TTC

View Full Post

Hello :)
I was wondering if they are any ladies out there in their 40's ttc. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other along the way.
I'm trying for another child but have had a few losses along the way but not ready to give up just yet, not while I know they're still some eggs just waiting to be caught!
and to every single one of you out there!

583 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

191 - 200 of 583 Replies | Last Page

Oh my goodness I had a lot to catch up on.. you ladies have been BUSY! LOL I haven't been on to respond for about 1 week (went camping and then had migraines for 3 days!) so here I am and I hope I have everything right here as I have a lot to say.

SydneyNat- Keep your chin up babe. I can't believe some people! He had no right to say that to you! Well, he has absolutely no beside manner. I hope, as well as others on here, that you receive a anyway! Much love to you!

Jazmine - I've been praying a lot too! I get to the point where I get so frustrated then I think.. you know I just need to give it all up to Him. If I would just stay in that frame of mind then things would be less stressful. LOL

eat2nourish - Sorry to hear you get migraines too! UGH! No fun! I got double whammied because of AF arriving Wed AND it's been raining like crazy here. I'm like a human barometer. I'm thinking about trying that Ovaboost if I can get ahold of it. I heard great things about CoQ10. Yes, please let us know what your new RE says. I don't have my consultation with my doctor again until Sept. 18!!!

angelgirldel - Welcome! Congratulations on your little boy in Dec. It seems like yesterday I had mine and he's 7 now! LOL I try to not put too much weight in those statistics. IF I were to dwell to much on them I would feel as if I'm defeating the purpose (stress and all). I agree with others posts here... every person is different and it seems I'm hearing of more and more ladies like us proving them wrong!

Mayer51313 - I was also on Maca with Royal Jelly. I stopped taking Maca when I was on Clomid, now that I'm off of it I'm thinking about taking it again. Still use Royal Jelly though.

Baby Bean - you know Hon I'm SO thrilled for you! Still doing the CHa-Cha.

Pixandpoetry - Hi again! I'm glad you posted your comment about how Progesterone mimics pregnancy symptoms. I have been using the suppositories for the last 3 months and was convinced each month that I was pregnant to then get a . It makes sense now. Glad you are doing the accupuncture. That sounds awesome! But what is this about pineapple? Do tell! Thanks for the Fertility Yoga Dvd info. I think I shall try to get that. TMI - I've noticed a lot of clotting in AF this month and I've heard that it can help. (BTW - glad your dog is doing better!)

Karamyl - We are cycle buddies! I'm also on CD3 and just waiting to get on with it already! LOL It is good to have you back with us. (I'm so sorry for your losses, but very hopeful for your future!)

Dawniem - how are you?

Busterdogs - Welcome!! I'm 45 also! I am so happy for you dear. Wow! You have to be so excited! Now I don't know about that crazy person putting false positive votes on the pictures, but I've heard of others. It's sad really. The cheese has slid off their crackers.

OneMoreBaby - you know I love ya girl and wholeheartedly agree with all of the comments made about your positivity and compassion. You are a wonderful person and I am so glad we are friends (even if it's across the pond!).

I know this is lengthy, but I had to get caught up with you ladies! If I forgot someone please don't take offense. I wish EVERYONE and then and then AMEN AMEN AMEN!

User Image

9 years ago

Hi All!

Thanks for the kind thoughts!

Some background for those interested:

I'm 45, my husband is 36. First marriage for both of us, two years now. We decided to go the donor route after I had an unexpected pregnancy prior to our marriage and it resulted in a blighted ovum. Figured we'd work to remove the most questionable part of the equation that we knew of -- egg quality at my age.

I've never had burning need that the world needed my genetics, so again, I've got zero problem with this.

We got a good number of eggs fertilized in our first attempt - 15, two that we had IVF 5dt and 10 that made it to the freezer.

All that said, I had my second hcg test today and my numbers did not double. They went from 75 (13dpo) to 132 (today or 15dpo).

Now I know I shouldn't put a biblical measure on a doubling every 48 hrs, but (here's the kicker) a little "flutter" I've felt in my uterus disappeared overnight.

I know it sounds nuts, but I had a constant feeling in my uterus from implantation of --- well, you know when you were a kid sitting in the backseat and your folks drove over a dip in the road? Those butterflies? Well I had that constantly and it seems to have disappeared.

For the record, I am a very linear quantitative person, so my subjective feeling here make me even laugh a little.

I'm hoping symptoms kick back in again, and I truly see little point in worrying too much. I am, however, going to push for another blood test on Monday. I'm a little miffed that the clinic nurse put me off until Wednesday. If I get a couple more data points (yes, you read that correctly :)), I'll feel better about understanding what is going on.

Smooches,
Busterdogs

9 years ago

Angelgirdle, thanks. I think my new acup. will be having me use herbs, but I'll know next Friday. I'm sorry for the loss of your little boy at 16 weeks. Regarding the pregnitude, do you take 2grams of it twice a day or is the serving a total of 2 grams of myoinositol? $300 is rather pricey, ouch! That's really good that they give your so many recommendations with the consult.

Karamyl, I know you're still sad about your losses, I'm sorry I'm glad you're still in the game, though! Check out my profile page for info on my IVF cycles & feel free to message me.

Onemorebaby, yay that you're ovulating today! . I hope this is your month!! Do you know when you will test?

BabyAngelG, When I was on vitex (in Fertailaid for women) I had not a single migraine. Weird, eh? Hope you had fun camping. Yay! on your appointment next month.

Busterdogs, pleeeease try hard to remain positive. I was told that symptoms come & go when pregnant. We are all here rooting for you! . I'm happy you were/are so brave. We'll be watching the hcg nurmbers with you. .

9 years ago

Busterdogs - Hang in there, just because the numbers didn't double doesn't mean there is something wrong. They are going up and that is good. I'm sure the wait is going to be difficult, but we are all here for you to vent, and we are all pulling for you to come out of this with your take-home baby!

Angelgirldel - sounds like you really have a handle on things. I know I have spent (and am still spending) what could be considered a great deal of money on my dream. But it is all worth it if we get that little sticky bean, right?

BabyAngel - It's good to "see" you again. Glad I could provide some insight about progesterone supplements. I really enjoy the yoga dvd and acupuncture. Hopefully some of the things I have tried can help others in their journey.

Karamyl - Sorry about the BFN. But now you have a brand new chance to start over, so keep the faith. We are all for this IUI!

Onemorebaby - You deserve all of the nice things we say. You really are a bright light on this board when we begin to flounder. Now go catch those eggies!

Eat2nourish - sorry the witch got you, but good things come to those of us who wait. for this coming month. I hope you like the acupuncture as much as I do.

Everyone else (me included) I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for us all!

Pix

9 years ago

Good day ladies , Angel sorry I missed the part of the loss of your little boy at 16 weeks, that must have been one of the worst things ever to happen and I'm so sorry. You will definitely get your rainbow baby and we're all praying for you!

BabyAngelG good to see you back and hope your migraines are better, shame about the witch , I kinda hate that thing! , remember a new cycle is new hope, never forget that and I love you too for being so awesome and I'm glad we met even if it is on here and you're a million miles away!

Busterdogs, everyone is different with regards to numbers so wait for the next one. I hope they can take blood on Monday as that will show a difference too as opposed to making you wait!! These people make me . As for the flutters it could've been anything so it's not over yet, let's keep everything crossed that it will be ok .

eat2 I'll read your 10 min journal at some point when I have a minute to chill out and digest it all, I see you know alot about your tablets etc, good for you and thanks for sharing. I think I'll be testing starting 9dpo, today OPK is negative so I definitely started O'ing yesterday with my twinges and all, really pleased with this cycle but not going to get my hopes up, I'm scared even of seeing two lines as I'm so used to them ending badly! . I'm remaining positive though so let's see what happens! .

To each and everyone of you have a nice weekend and go get those babies!!!

9 years ago • Post starter

Busterdogs,
I know it must feel frustrating when the numbers don't seem right and it's the only thing to go by in those early days...
I really wouldn't worry about the lack of symptoms, I remember that fluttering feeling and cramping in the beginning but it would come and go, honestly, I felt less pregnant than when I wasn't, I still don't really feel much different than usual
The butterflies you felt could be the continuing implantation which, as far as I'm aware, can take quite a while. Did you try to take a pregnancy test just to check how strong the line is?

Good to hear from you BabyAngel, thanks for catching up and on the next cycle! :)
Regarding the pineapple, Pix, I did try the pineapple core for two consecutive cycles but with no success. Apparently it helps with implantation? As for pineapple itself, I kind of stay away from it now, again, probably just a myth, but it's said to be used to bring on labour? Well, there is something weird and mystical about this fruit!

I hope everyone is doing great and enjoying the weekend and to all you awesome ladies!
xox

9 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Quick question - has anyone here gone to a private clinic for labs, independent of your regular Dr? My symptoms have disappeared nearly completely, and I fear that the oil progesterone injections I'm on will mask a miscarriage. For some reason, my clinic nurse contact told me to next blood test on Wednesday.

In think we could have a clear picture of what's going on if I had a Monday (or even today) quantitative HCG test. If numbers have declined, let's not prolong the next step. My ass is hamburger meat with the injections, so if this isn't working, I wouldn't mind a break.

Or maybe someone will know if my period could come naturally if I'm on progesterone? I think not, as I have unproductive AF-type cramping.

Again, my other secondary symptoms have disappeared. I would not stop treatment without my Dr. direction.

There are a number of independent labs that will do the testing in my area of $50-60 USD. I don't know how similar protocols are, but it seems worth a shot?

Always the pragmatist,
Busterdogs

9 years ago

Hi ladies! the showed up last night around 9:30. I had a feeling she would. I hope my supplements arrive soon and that this will be the cycle we get our

Busterdogs I hope everything is ok. ((hugs)) Praying the baby is ok and sticks.

9 years ago

Busterdogs, with my first pregnancy which ended with a mc at 10 weeks I went to a private place to do a scan because I didn't realise at the time I could get free scans from my hospital. I was over 7 weeks when I started to lose symptoms and got paranoid so I paid for it and it was fine...I did eventually lose it at 10 weeks but the point is you can get things done privately if you're willing to pay. I didn't mind how much I'd have to pay for peace of mind. If your clinic will adamantly not do any tests then it's up to you, you'll have a clearer picture like you say and you'll have peace of mind no matter what the outcome is. I hate waiting myself so I know how you must feel. Regarding the progesterone I think it does prolong things but I don't know much about it.
Have you tried doing some more tests to see if they're getting darker? I know people always say not to really but I find it helps you know what's going on to an extent. It has prepared me for 4 of my 5 losses and I always knew. Bless you I know the feeling of being in limbo and it's not very nice but try to stay as calm as possible and let's hope for the best ok? . Will be thinking about you. .

Hey Angel, shame about the but good luck with the next cycle, you'll get there, we all will!

9 years ago • Post starter

Eat2nourish it is 2 twice a day

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo