Community post

Discussion

Looking for ladies in their 40's TTC

View Full Post

Hello :)
I was wondering if they are any ladies out there in their 40's ttc. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other along the way.
I'm trying for another child but have had a few losses along the way but not ready to give up just yet, not while I know they're still some eggs just waiting to be caught!
and to every single one of you out there!

583 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

161 - 170 of 583 Replies | Last Page

angel - I know exactly how you feel. I swear the statistics are enough to drive one into the looney bin! Just remember that each case is different, and no one knows what might happen. We all have a chance at this, even me at 46. I'm probably the oldest person on here....but I still have hope. Try not to google the bad stuff, but rather, focus on the positive outcomes that are out there. I know it's hard. Same with waiting to test. I'm 5dpo and can't wait to start the testing game, although I'd much rather just wait it out, I don't think I can! Just have to POAS.

Keep us posted and I'll keep my for us all!

Pix

9 years ago

All you Lovely girls,

Thanks so much for your great support, I feel really spoiled and blessed.
Pix, I have no morning sickness (so far) and never had before (actually always felt a bit left out as it's such a staple! haha) I do feel queasy a lot though and really tired some days, I take it all as a blessing though.
Angelgirl, I always feel the statistic do reflect the reality, but not individual cases, hang in there!
Wishing all speedy TWWs, and

9 years ago

Thanks everyone just wish it was easier for us :)

9 years ago

Hello ladies , I know how frustrating it can be but there are lots of ladies younger than us that actually have a hard time too, just don't google haha. I don't bother anymore. I just take each day as it comes and hope for the best.

Pix I know what you mean about trying anything, I'm totally the same and it's mind blowing some days but I have to tell myself I'm doing everything I can do so we wait and see and and pray! .

It's great that you're not feeling too ill babybean and the most important thing is baby is fine which is the greatest relief of all so keep enjoying it and let us know when you post a scan picture which will bring us luck too we hope .

Angel please don't be too sad, it will happen all in good time. I've lost 5 IN A ROW! and the truth is I'd rather get pregnant after months and months of trying and let baby stick instead of getting pregnant as quick as I did then lose them, I try not to think about it because if I dwell on it my heart breaks and I can't let that happen because I have to keep going, we all do.

We're a great bunch of ladies here so we'll continue to support each other and gain strength from one another, that helps always .

9 years ago • Post starter

angelgirdle, I know how you feel & wish it were easier, too. I look at the statistics from time to time, too, but remember it only takes one, you just have to be patient, positive, persevere & have sex! (plus maybe get a little help from clinics if you need it).

pixandpoetry, I want to test soooo bad, too. I can't believe I waited today, but I don't think I can make through tomorrow morning . And, there are people older than you on this site.

baby_bean, celebrate No morning sickness! One of my sisters had a perfectly healthy baby 2 months ago with absolutely no nausea whatsoever.

onemorebaby, although you have had 5 losses in a row I'm happy that you remain so positive & are a role model for the rest of us.

AFM: no real symptoms whatsoever at 10dpo. I'm still eating pineapple daily, drinking tons of water, but my sleep has been a little erratic b/c my dog got sick, but he's doing much better. I'm thinking of using DHEA 25mg 3 times a day (depending on my testosterone level) next 3 cycles b/c it's supposed to help with improving egg quality. Anyone else in this forum tried it, thinking of trying it? Here's the link: http://www.centerforhumanreprod.com/dhea-research.html. Ok, I just posted a journal entry about it b/c I found some more helpful sites.

9 years ago

Angel I've only been TTC since April and I've totally given up on Googling the stats. They are too depressing and not every woman is the same.

Sure, itâ??s more difficult at our age, but there are literally thousands of women all over the world our age who have given birth!

I wouldnâ??t stress over a BFN 8dpo. Itâ??s too soon. I made that mistake after a month of trying and got a very, very, very faint positive, then AF came at the normal time. I promised myself Iâ??d never do it again. Itâ??s torture.

Hang in there! Wishing you baby dust :-)

I was talking to mhy cousin last night, the cousin who refered me to her acupuncturist.

I didn't know this, but she was having trouble conceiving because she had something wrong with her uterus and she had really bad endemetriosis. She was not quite 30. After two months of acupuncture she fell pregnant with the first of her three kids.

I'm hopeful my egg was fertilised a few days ago and that I implant. I'm seeing the accupuncturist again tonight.

9 years ago

Hello there ladies! I hope you are all having a blessed day. I'm glad I decided to come back and chat with you all, as it's super nice to have others who understand what we are going through. Husbands and partners try, but really it's our bodies (and minds) that bear the brunt of ttc. I'm 6dpo today and still on my progesterone, so I am trying hard not to symptom spot. I did have quite a bit of pinching and pulling in my uterus yesterday, but who knows. I love my fertility yoga, can't recommend it highly enough and have another acupuncture treatment Friday.

SydneyNat - how do you like the acupuncture? I found it painless and totally relaxing! Thanks for the story about positive results, I think that always helps to raise our spirits.

Eat2Nourish - I've wondered about the DHEA supplements too. But I've read a lot about them and they seem to be best taken under a doctor's supervision as they can really throw your cycles out of whack. Let us know what you find out. FX for a sticky bean for you this month!

BabyBean - Wow! Thant's so great about the morning sickness. I didn't have it too bad with either of my teenagers. Hopefully you won't have it as the pregnancy progresses. I'm really so very happy for you!

OneMoreBaby - I feel like you and I are kindred spirits on here. The losses hurt so much, and every day. But it's something that we have to get through and knowing we aren't alone helps. I definitely understand about wanting that one sticky rainbow baby. Chin up girlie!

Angelgirldel - I know exactly what you mean...."why" is a word I have a hard time with as well. It is hard, but like others on here, you are not alone. You will get that sticky baby, we have to believe.

Any news from you other ladies out there? We are here for you, the good, the bad, whatever you all may need.

Pix

9 years ago

OneMoreBaby, I do have a scanned image of the mini-bean and I'm thrilled to share it with you just not sure how Let me try this: User Image
or this: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lmEFLQvcAsk/U_SqsYXV6yI/AAAAAAABe1w/2zKgrM0m_bA/s2048/DSC04397.JPG

9 years ago

That is a beautiful image baby_bean!

Thank you all for the support. I am so glad I found this forum! I need to just relax.

I am taking dhea (forgot who mentioned it) I have an IRL friend who is 41 and trying ttc. Her dr showed her a chart of how it helps us in our 40's improve our chances. He has her taking 25 mg 2xday. I started that also. I haven't had any adverse reactions to either.

Have any of you heard of pregnitude and had an experience with it?

9 years ago

Awwwww......BabyBean what a beautiful little one you have in there! Thank you for sharing. You give us all hope!

Angelgirldel - I currently am taking Pregnitude, it has folic acid and myo-inositol and is supposed to help with egg quality and cycle length. I took it 2 years ago when I had a BFP (unfortunately that ended in mc), and decided to start taking it again this month. They say it takes up to 3 months to have any effect though, so not expecting much yet. Thanks for the info on the DHEA. It hasn't thrown her cycles out of whack? Perhaps I will add that in with all of the other things I am trying. Like I said, stand on my head, spin around three times, whatever it takes!!

to all!!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo