Community post

Discussion

Looking for ladies in their 40's TTC

View Full Post

Hello :)
I was wondering if they are any ladies out there in their 40's ttc. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other along the way.
I'm trying for another child but have had a few losses along the way but not ready to give up just yet, not while I know they're still some eggs just waiting to be caught!
and to every single one of you out there!

583 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

131 - 140 of 583 Replies | Last Page

Oh SydneyNat, that is good news! I am very excited for you! How nice it is that you have help this cycle. I wish for you this cycle!

Welcome RavenMickey! I think it's great that you are still able to nurse him after 1 year. That was my goal (1 year) and I soon after dried up... my son wasn't as interested. I've heard of many women who weren't even trying getting pregnant at that time. I believe it will happen for you! You're stll young girlfriend!!

No news yet over here. I'm 9dpo and anxious to see a change in my BBT, etc. for this month!

How is everyone else doing?

User Image

9 years ago

I guess I'm so anxious I put down that I was 9dpo instead of 8dpo that I truly am! LOL Oh boy! Wishing this tww over with in a hurry.

User Image

9 years ago

Great news SydneyNat, you're very lucky they agreed to do that over there, I wish they'd do that here in the UK too as I'd jump at it!!! Good luck ok and let us know how it goes, not all details thanks

Hi Ravenmickey, thanks for joining us. I think you might be one of the babies of the group not being 40 yet . I know quite a few people who've gotten pregnant whilst breastfeeding, I remember being told that I could still get pregnant whilst doing so and to take contraception so keep doing what you're doing and I'm sure within no time you'll have your bundle of joy in your arms

BabyAngelG, I feel the same as you do about wishing the TWW away!!! It's nerve bending for me , I start to test around 9dpo and as the days go on and I don't get what I want I begin to wish they wouldn't go so fast, so there's no pleasing me really . I wish you all the best and hope you get that I've just finished a new cycle so hoping to O by the weekend or next week so will keep you all posted - fingers crossed with a

9 years ago • Post starter

Well I went back to the clinic this morning for the ultrasound and blood test.

The ultrasound was good - I have a 'dominant' follicle - the lady who did the ultrasound said it means I'm ready to ovulate.

I really hope it works this month! I want my baby!

BabyAngelG I understand how you feel - the tww is agony!!

Baby dust to you all :-)

9 years ago

SydneyNat sending you lots of and your way.

9 years ago

Hi everyone. I've been lurking for a while, but thought I'd jump in since y'all are having all the fun =). I'm 43 & TTC #1 & currently in the TWW.

Sydneynat: GL this cycle, glad you have a dominant follicle. What is the blood test for?

BabyAngleG: don't despair about the 9dpo, it'll soon be time to test! I'm in the TWW, too, currently 3 dpo.

Onemorebaby: I hope you O soon! Thanks for keeping this post going & bringing all us 40+ women together.

Ravenmickey: breastmilk it soooo healthy. Your BFP will come soon, and yes, maybe while still breastfeeding.

Jazmine: I'm also on Ovaboost. It's supposed to work after taking it for 90 days. It has melatonin & CoQ10 based on improved fertility in clinical trials. The alpha lipoic acid is to help regenerate antioxidants. The extra folic acid is prevent DNA damage.

baby_bean: I know someone who bled every month and ended up having a very healthy baby. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Even though you can't have spirits & cheese, I'm glad you're enjoying free time to help take your mind off things.

dawniem: I have hypothyroidism, too. Are you feeling back to normal?

ctymom: Congratulations on your BFP!! If it's any comfort, my good friend had healthy twin boys, naturally at age 42 last year. She said she was nervous most of the time, but her boys are as healthy as can be.

ChickRay: Congratulations on your BFP!! How are things going?

Hi Mayer51313, glad you are here to help us support one another.

Ok. I know I've left out some folks, but this post has to end (eventually). GL to us all.

9 years ago

HI everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 40 (41 in November) and TTC. This is our 4th month actively trying. I am currently 2 days post ovulation and in the tww. We have a little boy that was born December 10, 2013, and wanted to try as soon as I weaned him. Here is to hoping everyone gets a BFP soon. I am currently taking prenatals, extra folic acid, dhea 25 mg 2xday, and drinking shakeology.

9 years ago

Hello everyone , Thanks for the nice comments eat2, it's nice you took the time to mention a lot of us, thank you! . Good luck and I hope you get your BFP at the end of the TWW, a few of you are waiting, I am too so I can see all your positives and follow in your footsteps! .

Welcome to the group Angel and congrats on the birth of you little boy in December. . I'm sure you'll be pregnant again soon and you seem to be doing all the right things so I guess it's only a matter of time. Good luck though with tons of .

and to everyone of you!

9 years ago • Post starter

Hi Eat2nourish,

The blood test is to check my hormones to tell if I'm ovulating. The ultrasound was to check the follicle was in place.

Today was the third day in a row for blood. The follicle is at 17cm so not quite ready.

I've got to go back tomorrow for blood. If I'm not ovulating they will give me the stimulating injection to pop the follicle, then I have to go home and do the baby dance!

DP and I really feel this is our month!

Baby dust and sticky vibes to all of us here :-)

9 years ago

Hello everyone!
Im currently 2DPO.
For months i rely on my ovulation calendar , which was a bad idea. Now that i started checking my CM and temperature, if my recording was correct i did not ovulate on my mid cycle.
And now im taking MACA, and will take OVABOOST and fertile aid for her and him. Read good reviews.
Baby dust to everyone!
Im hitting 40 and ttc1

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo