Community post

Discussion

TTC #1 - Any good tips!

My husband and I are ttc baby #1. We have only been trying two months and currently I think I am 7dpo. I have pretty much no symptoms, so I am thinking I am not pregnant. Any tips are helpful. I currently used OPK which was nice to learn when my LH factor was high. Some questions I have:

1. I normally don't lay around too long after intercourse. Is this a must
2. Is having intercourse too much bad? I read the sperm might not be as mobile if you don't wait.
3. Should my hubby also take vitamins?

5 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Hi Jenna!

My hubby and I are also TTC #1. This is our third month and I'm 9 dpo. I used and OPK for the first time this cycle which was useful because my cycles weren't regular once I stopped taking the pill. I'm trying really had not to over-analyze each symptom, not to get my hopes up, it's quite challenging though...I've been looking up quite a bit of stuff on internet so here's a shot at answering your questions:

1) Laying around after intercourse doesn't seem to be proven scientifically to work but in my mind, it can't do any harm
2) I've heard that having intercourse very often on ovulation day for example can throw your ph off and its not good. If my memory doesn't fail me, sperm count is also reduced when it Ã?Â¥appens very often like every day. What seems to be recommended is 3 times a week so there's always sperm flowing inside you. Without using OPK, having sex 3 times a week from the end of your period to ovulation makes sure that u don't miss it. A lazier way of doing things would be every other day between day 10 and 18 of your cycle. When you look at the other extreme in terms of frequency - once a month won't cut it either because then the sperm is of lower quality and less mobile.
3) Haven't been reading up on vitamins - can't help ya on that one. I just know that fertility for both partners is dependant on a healthy lifestyle of eating well, exercising, no alcohol intake, etc.

Hope this info is helpful! Good luck!

User Image

9 years ago

Thank you! Yes, I am trying to not over analyze everything. I also read that many people ,including some women I work with, had zero symptoms besides a missed period.

My cycles are regular which is extra nice but the OPK are helpful to really pinpoint the best time.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we didn't conceive this month or even up to 6 months according to statistics. But here is to hoping!

9 years ago • Post starter

Hello,

I am TTC my first as well. I got off the pill in early February so I am 4 cycles in. I would agree and say yes lay on your back at least 10 to 15 minutes, it won't hurt. Yes having too much sex can lower his sperm count. They suggest you have sex every other day 5 days before leading up to your ovulation date. I started acupuncture a few weeks ago and some Chinese herbs. Acupuncture is shown to help the blood flow and gives you a better chance at conceiving. I hope it works for me.

9 years ago

I am also TTC #1 I am on my second cycle of iui with my wife. I am 11 dpo, when the doctor inseminated me he had me lay for 10 minutes after and my bottom was slightly lifted. I also hear there is little scientific proof that supports laying for those 10 minutes but it's not like it can hurt. Like the nurse said " alittle gravity never hurt". I also tried eating pineapple core. It is something I heard about that apparently helps implantation. I ate 1/5 of pineapple core fore the day of iui and 4 days after. I have a really good feeling about it. Hope you all get your BFP. Testing in 3 days!!

9 years ago

I got a visit from AF last night :(. Onto month 3! Thanks for all the tips!

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo