Community post

Discussion

How long did it take you?

Hello everyone!

I am new here and TTC my first child with my husband. I joined this site because I thought it best to try and converse with other women who know what I'm going through, especially because it seems all I can think about since we began trying a couple months ago! Mostly I am interested to know how long it took most of you to get pregnant with your first child. Any other advice would be appreciated as well!

User Image

7 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

It took us the first try. We were lucky though and younger so...lol

9 years ago

Thanks for your response! Yes, I think being younger definitely helps...I just turned 31 last month and my husband will be 33 in December. Its not like we are old, but I know the longer you wait the harder it can be.

User Image

9 years ago • Post starter

My first was conceived while on birth control pills. We had planned to ttc but I wanted to finish that cycle of pills first, so I didnt mess anything up. I was 21. This one took 18 months with no birth control and a disgusting amount of tracking, planning, supplements and high dose clomid (no fertility issues for either of us). I started at 33 and conceived a few months off of 35. Age can make a diff but I know ppl who struggle in their early 20's while women in their mid-30's to early 40's conceive in a matter of a cpl cycles. Its one big game of roullette lol!

I recommend tracking everything, esp basal temps! Its a pain in the butt at first but u get used to it and start to need it lol.

Good luck! =))

9 years ago

Thank you so much for all the advice! That is actually one thing I am unsure of, which is taking my BBT. I think I will start, though! Your son is adorable, by the way!

User Image

9 years ago • Post starter

We took 12 months for the first, but miscarried at 10 weeks pregnant. This one took us another 12 months after the miscarriage to conceive. Hopefully it goes better this time round.

I agree with the tracking advice! Due to my temping I have reached the point where I can relate the specific texture of cervical mucus to how many days it will be till I ovulate! That was how I got pregnant the first time (before I ever used an OPK) and this time that was how I knew to start using OPKs and sure enough my instincts were right!

I hope it is much quicker and less stressful for you!

9 years ago

Yeah, definitely take that bbt. Do anything u can to nail the days perfectly and cut down on ur ttc time. Learn about the different cm textures/colours, checking cp (cervical position) can benefit u as well, opk's and fertility monitors help also. There's no one thing that will help, they all kinda work together to build a pattern for ur cycle. Once I got used to how my body reacted before and after O, I was able to stop using opk's and bbt altogether. I never trusted my cm becuz it changed, sometimes quite a bit, depending on what I did or didnt take that month, water intake etc. My cp was somewhat accurate, but I did have a few cycles where the darn thing didnt open, or at least not during any of the times I was poking at it, but I O'd anyways. So def learn ur before and after symptoms as well...and do urself a favour, DO NOT read in to them! They can change monthly and it doesnt mean ur pregnant. So save urself the heartache of thinking u are and just let urself be happy and surprised when it does happen!!

Thanks for the compliment! =))
Thats an old pic, one of my faves tho. He's 13 now and graduating grade 8 this June.
Makes me feel old!!

9 years ago

First time I was in the pill and got pregnant. :-/ this time it's only been four months but still no baby. :( it seems to be harder than it looks when you're focusing on it. Although it's been 7 years since my daughter so now I'm 29 so I think that makes a difference.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo