Community post

Discussion

Spotting 5-7 days before period

Hi girls,
I am starting this topic for all the girls who have the same issue that I do.
My cycle usually lasts 28-35 days. I confirm my ovulation every month and about a week after I ovulate my spotting starts and it continues till AF shows up. This has been happening for the past 7 or more months. Anybody else with the same issue? Did you go to Dr and find out anything? Please share.
I just went to Dr. and she tested my progesterone levels and just told me that progesterone levels confirmed that I did ovulated. We are in the process of getting my husbands semen tested and after those results most likely she will run more tests on me.... anybody in the same boat? Please share...

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

11 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Replies | Last Page

Hi! I had that same thing happen every month for nine months while trying for my last pregnancy. Now we are trying again, for number three and I thought it wasn't going to be a problem as I went three months with not one episode after quitting bc, but now this last cycle it's back :( did the doctor tell you what might be causing this? I have not gone in yet...going to try a few more cycles before seeing a doctor...

10 years ago

So far I have not found out what the issue might be.
Doctor left me message that as soon as we find out with my husbands semen is OK they will run more tests.
She did not seem to be concerned when I told her about my spotting - which for me I think it is super weird and something is not right
From the meeting I just got that she will run some additional tests on me if progesterone level comes ok (which it did).
She mentioned that she will check my tubes if there is everything ok with them and if "staff" is flowing through them with no issue.
My husband did his semen testing today so I expect to hear from my doctor by the end of the week what the next step is.
We stopped trying for few months. The next few months are just not right for us to TTC. Also this issue is constantly on my mind and stresses me out really bad.
I really want to find out what is the issue and hopefully fix it in the next few months and TTC again. I will keep you updated if I find out anything and the next step the doctor wants to make. But I hope you will get pregnant before that happens :)
Good luck and thanks for responding

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

So you had that issue before and you still got pregnant?

Yep, I did! It took 9 months to get preggers. I also had a test done to make sure everything was moving through my tubes properly, and hubby had SA. They said at that time it was most likely due to endometriosis and that the best way to get rid of it is through pregnancy. I thought it was gone after I had my baby, but now my suspicions are that it is back...we will see I guess...only time will tell....

10 years ago

I hope nothing is wrong and I don't have anything and that your endometriosis is gone :)

I will keep you updated. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will find out the reason of my spotting.

I've had this happen with two cycles in a row now. I had always had very regular cycles without any spotting, so when it started, I went to talk to my doctor about it. She did a pelvic exam to check that all my parts appeared to be in working order, and found no cysts or anything of that sort. After doing the exam, she did not seem concerned; she just said it may be due to "hormonal changes" as I'm aging (not really what I wanted to hear, since I'm only in my mid-30s, but at least she didn't think it was anything scary). She wasn't concerned that it would cause complications as far as getting pregnant is concerned as I still ovulate like clockwork, but did advise me to come back if we aren't able to conceive within the next couple of months.

10 years ago

Evergreen, how long have you been trying? This will be cycle four for us...

10 years ago

you girls help me stay optimistic that it is possible to get pregnant and that it is not really a big issue... hopefully my future tests will show the same :)

We've been "formally" trying since November; I went off the pill a while before that with the attitude of "if it happens, great!" When it hadn't happened on its own in a few months, we decided to actually begin timing things in November, so this is technically month seven, though we did have one "off" month in the middle where my husband was away on a trip when I ovulated.

10 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo