Community post

Discussion

TTC #3... and scared

Hi, all! I'm new here, and rather nervous about it.

My husband and I have 2 children already, a 12-yr-old son and a 6-yr-old daughter. We love our kids, but they were both surprise babies. We want to have one last child, but planned this time!

This is technically our first month TTC, but we've tried off and on for 5 years. I had the Mirena IUD after our daughter was born, and had it removed 13 months later because of recurring cysts. Less than 6 months later, my hubby had a nasty prostate infection, and between the IUD and the infection we worry about infertility. After all, it's been 5 years without a single pregnancy, and we had 2 children so easily without trying in the past.

He's taking L-carnitine for sperm motility, I'm taking my daily prenatals and tracking BBT and CF. We're crossing our fingers, praying, and trying to be hopeful. But there's the niggling doubt in the back of my mind that says 2 is all we'll have, and one or both of us cannot have anymore children.

I know the worry is normal, but I'm surrounded by pregnant people. Two friends just had children, 4 are currently pregnant, and we're just sitting here hoping if I pee on a stick we see a plus sign... someday. We're not young, but not old. DH is 31 and I'm 29. But there's that doubt, and the overwhelming jealousy when yet another friend announces a unplanned pregnancy. I guess most of you, if not all, know how that feels!

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I have the exact same feelings. I keep thinking I am somehow infertile as I had a miscarriage a few years ago. My ex walked out on me because of it and obviously it was very traumatic. I have a great partner now and we are ttc but I keep thinking "what if"..... He needed an operation on undecended testicle etc.

I think the fact I am stressed about ttc and planning a wedding and moving house and buying a car won't be helping us either.

9 years ago

*littledoctorwashu* I'm sorry you're dealing with the fear and doubt as well. It's hell, pure hell, worrying that your biggest dream will never come true. I wish you so much luck with the house and wedding, and of course with TTC. If you ever want to chat, I'm almost always online.

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo