Community post

Discussion

Weird, need input

I had a miscarriage on 4/18 stopped bleeding 4/25 a week later. I decided to use opk's just to see if I might ovulate on my own and so hubby and I could avoid this month to let myself heal and make sure my lining gets back on track. I took one on the 4/29 (CD 11 technically) and there was a faint line. Took one the 4/30 it was even fainter and by 5/1 there was nothing. This weekend (5/3-4) I have noticed that I am getting headaches and stiff neck and my tendonitis is hurting more. This is what happend about 5-6 days before I had a positive last time. Does this mean that I may have ovulated right after the bleeding stopped on 4/25? Hubby and I dtd a few times after it stopped and now im worried that my lining wont be able to hold on and I might find out then lose another. We are trying for our first and last time was my first ever pregnancy. Any ideas? Did this happen to anyone else? Any success stories right after a mc without waiting a cycle?

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi there. How far along were you when you miscarried? I was only 10 weeks and my doctor told me to start trying again right away. When yo have a period you shed your whole lining anyway so your body is accustomed to rebuilding it within a cycle. Usually the only reason they ask you to wait is for dating purposes. Or if it was a molar pregnancy you need to wait 6 months to a year to make sure it is gone.

I don't think you are likely to have ovulated before CD11 after a miscarriage but it is certainly possible. No way of telling unless you get a positive pregnancy test.

I wouldn't worry about another miscarriage. You don't even know if you are pregnant again yet :) I try to cross each bridge as we come to it these days. Took me 12 months to conceive again after our miscarriage. I haven't told anyone yet (except complete strangers :)) We are only 4 weeks 4 days pregnant. I took one pregnancy test which was positive, and we will wait until ~6 weeks before we even tell a doctor. Last time I felt there was far too much stress form the medical interventions and it was pointless as I discovered later on there was nothing they could do to stop a miscarriage anyway! So try to relax as much as you can until you know more :)

9 years ago

Thank you for your reply. I was technically at 9 weeks, but I was carrying a blighted ovum so there was no actual fetus. Just an empty sac that was about the size of a raspberry. I am trying not to worry but it was my biggest fear and it happened. I am processing a little better. My hubby is wonderful and keeps reassuring me that when its right it will happpen.

Good luck to you and Congrats! Fingers crossed that all is well for you.

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo