Community post

Discussion

TTC with pull out method

I know this may sound silly but I hear it all the time that there are no silly questions so I'll give it a try since I am really curious about your experience and opinion.

I had unprotected sex on the nigh Sept 7-8 (only that night in the whole cycle, because my boyfriend is out of town) which I calculated was also the day/night of my O (my last cycle, which is 27 days long every month for the last 5 years started Aug 25). Since we are not really trying to TTC, he pulled it out few seconds before ejaculation. Why he pulled it out? Because he believes that if it is meant to be it is going to happen anyway). When I felt that some of sperm ran down to my genitals I wiped it off. Few days later I started to feel strange (not pregnant but strange), I got few cramps, slight pink spotting on 2dpo when I wiped (i guess because of the intercourse), slight brown spotting on 3dpo when I wiped (probably still because of the intercourse) and little bitt of yellow discharge on 4dpo. Since then almost no visible dischange (today I'm 7 dpo). What was strange is how I was feeling (again, I can't say that I'm feeling pregnant, just different). My hips and kneew started to age in the night after 4dpo and I my heart beat goes crazy several times a day (even when I'm resting), my gums started to bleed when I brush my teeth and I felt very sleepy at daytime even though I slept enough during the night. Today I feel better, my breasts started to feel little tender underamrs but that is normal since my AF is coming. Also I feel much less pain in my knees and hips but still get a higher heart beat few times a day.

What is your opinion for me being pregnant? I know it's way too soon for test but I started to become curious because when I told my boyfriend about my feelings and possible symptoms he was so excited that I might be pregnant (weird, hah?). Since then I cannot stop thinking about it and I keep telling myself that it is almost impossible since he pulled it out.

So please help me go through this 2ww and share your opinion and experience with me.

p.s. I don't know if it is relevant but I'm 33 (my boyfriend is 32) and would be happy to have a baby (I would be happy, my boyfriend is still undecided so that's why we are not TTC actively).

4 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I hate to be the person to say this but.... if your boyfriend is "undecided" and pulling out... he doesn't want a baby right now. He may begrudging accept it if it somehow happens but those are not the expressed thoughts and seen actions of a man wanting a child anytime soon. Even if he acts somewhat excited at the thought that maybe, probably not but possibly you may be pregnant.

Also based off the symptom you're describing, you should probably see a doctor. And a dentist if you haven't in awhile. Bleeding gums are most likely gingivitis. The whole higher heart beat when resting thing could be that you're drinking too much caffeine. You could be too stressed out/excited about something in your life. Or you could be having a dysrhythmia. Sinus tachycardia would be the most likely but you could also be having PVC or something. It wouldn't hurt to have a doctor look into it if it continues. Especially if you have a history, or a family history, of heart problems.

There is approximately a 20% chance of conception each cycle with well timed intercourse. Even though, assuming you O'd the day you think you did, the intercourse would have been well timed he pulled out so...

Try not to symptom spot if you can help it because it's a real sanity killer in the TWW. Everything that happens symptom wise before you have enough hCG in your body to turn a HPT positive is due to progesterone. Progesterone is elevated after ovulation until around the time of AF at which point it decreases. Progesterone is responsible for all the PMS symptoms. So basically any symptom you experience before you can turn a HPT positive could just as likely be a symptom of PMS, unfortunately.

My best advice is to wait till your period would be late and if it still hasn't come you should take a pregnancy test. If the test is negative and still no AF you probably ovulated later than you thought and it's just a longer cycle. If no BFP or AF after 60 days from your last period you should contact your ob/gyn and have him/her look into what's going on.

Best of luck.

TTC #1: January 2015- October 2015 BFP #1: October 16, 2015. MC: November 6, 2015 BFP #2: March 15, 2016. MC: March 21, 2016 TTC Rainbow: November 2015- Present

8 years ago

Thanks for all the advices. Mostly I agree with you.

It turned out I was pregnant but had a MC few days later. The reason why we use the pull out method is that I have a weak heart and my doctor said I have pretty small chances for delivering a baby. But since there is still a chance we countinue hoping. So we decided for a pull out method and are hoping for the best. That means that we believe that if something it's meant to be it will happen anyway. I just don't want to get pregnant every month and end with MC (or even die trying to deliver-even though that I'm aware of it and accepted that this could happen). And I'm very thankful for a boyfriend that supports me.

So we hope and pray for a miracle. We won't loose hope and will continue with what we agreed, and that is pull out method which is a first challenge for a miracle to happen.

I totally understand if that seems unreasonable or stupid to many of you but I'm a fighter and am sure that someday will await our miracle.

8 years ago • Post starter

I am so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you.

I'm also sorry to hear about your heart. I had a good friend in nursing school with a similar situation. She and her husband desperately wanted children but she had some heart problems and just wasn't able to carry them to term. I know it was something that she never really got over being a sad about.

Hopefully you will have a better outcome and someday get your rainbow baby.

Wishing you all the best.

/creepy internet hugs

TTC #1: January 2015- October 2015 BFP #1: October 16, 2015. MC: November 6, 2015 BFP #2: March 15, 2016. MC: March 21, 2016 TTC Rainbow: November 2015- Present

8 years ago

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'm staying positive. The only thing that bothers me is that I can't be so happy when I see a BFP. First I want it so much and then I get scared which causes a lot of stress.

But I know that someday it will work out fine for all of us. You can't trick the mother nature. Only she knows the perfect timing and it's up to us to be patient.

Best wishes to all of you out there who are waiting for your miracle! Patience is a mother of wisdom ;)

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo