Community post

Discussion

Stress Factor

Well after my last post I finally got (I guess technically 2 days late after some spotting). So on to next cycle. I know most of us who don't get pregnant right away think "there must be something wrong with me" and I couldn't help but think there is something physically wrong with me. But I realized today I think I am having some difficulty because I have been under some of the worst stress I have ever been under. I am in between jobs, tying to buy a house, dealing with some sick family members, trying to start my own side business, and then on top of that TTC. My last 2 cycles have led to late periods which is very abnormal for me, last month AF came 5 days late and lasted 2-3 days. 3-4 is a pretty normal length for me but I am never late usually. Then this cycle started 2 days late after starting to spot one day late then stopping the next day then starting normal the next day. I have very high anxiety over some things on a normal basis but lately it has been through the roof, I am very emotional, very moody, nausea, headaches, all caused by stress. This cycle I am going to take a new approach, I am going to get back into exercising, and try yoga for some calming and trying to find a piece of mind and take the pressure off of TTC and let it just happen. My Mom and Hubby think it may be a good idea for me to try an anti-anxiety medication I would like to try it on my own first before I just medicate. I am making a Doctors appointment anyway for a normal physical so I will talk to my Doctor and seek her advice as well. I guess I am looking for some input, some advice, etc. Have any of you ladies had temporary infertility caused by excessive stress/anxiety? How did you overcome?

Thank you ladies, you guys are truly awesome!

Trying to Conceive Ticker

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I would avoid anti-anxiety meds at all costs. I started them almost 8 years ago for what was supposed to a short time to " let things mellow". Well I ended up on them for 6 years because the doctors said that I needed them. My anxiety actually became worse. Finally I just stopped them. Which was not recommended but I felt those pills controlled my life. Since stopping my anxiety is almost non existent. So try all other options before trying meds. And most anti anxiety meds are a class C so becoming pregnant on them is not advised. Hope yoga works, it helps me, and so does reading.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo