Community post

Discussion

Very strange cycle, any ideas/advice appreciated!

My last cycle was very bizarre.

Af was 3 days late and only stayed a day and a half with half a day spotting either side.

Normally before af my cm is quite dry and this time the week before af it was very wet and creamy.
then i had half a day of light pink spotting (this is usually brown when af comes)
I then had a day and a half of normal-light flow and then half a day of spotting again.
The first day af came I was incredibly crampy which is not like me, i usually cramp for a few hours then fine. But this day i barely moved off the sofa.
Before af came I was so sure I was pregnant. I was sleeping all the time, had headaches, nausea and was light headed. Im still getting these symptoms now, although not quite so fatigued.
I had decided to start taking EPO on the first day of af this cycle. but I ended up only taking 2 pills, one on the first day and on e on the second day and then af went so I stopped them, but I don't think that could have been enough to stop af all together?
Im now CD11 in my next cycle.

Af finally came on 24/4 but after it being so weird some suggested I test anyway so I did on 27/4 Bfn.
Has anyone had anything similar?
Does anyone know how/if this will accect my next cycle?

x

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

It could be a few things. I know that when I came off depo after a few months my AF was very light like you described. Same for the first 2 months of coming off the pill so it can be hormone related. It never affected my next cycle though.

Also did you confirm o last cycle? It's normal to miss o 2 cycles or so per year in which case you get breakthrough bleeding which can be much lighter than af.

Stress can also cause the same sort of thing.

Hope that helps. Good luck with this cycle. I'm also CD 11 waiting to o.

[url=<a href=

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo