Community post

Discussion

Positive 18dpo on 2nd Cycle of Clomid 100mg

Just a run down of my situation. I am 40 and have a 14yr son from my first marriage. My partner & I have been trying for 4.5yrs for another child. I had a MC in Nov last year at 11weeks :( which wasn't great) It was a planned preg with natural conception. My Gyno put me onto Clomid (Serophene) saying it wouldn't hurt and possibly getting a better quality egg. I was ovulating every month myself with 32 day cycles and have been charting and getting positive OPKs confirming with digital OPKs. I have now been on Clomid for 3 cycles. First was at 50mg and the second & third are 100mg. Last cycle my period arrived at 28 days (unusual for me) and was pretty bad, so I'm guessing something must have not been right with the egg. This cycle, again I charted, OPK'd (positive) and BDing on day of LH surge (twice to be sure lol) and on Ovulation day. On 9dpo we had a standard positive on FRER (yippee) I am now at 18dpo and my test line has been darker than the control line for some time. I did notice a tiny amount of very slight brownish discharge on 10dpo which probably was implantation. All is looking and feeling great with usual symptoms. I must add that my previous 21 day bloods results were low and were stating I had missed ovulation (which was not correct) I have a longer cycle-32 days, so the 21 day bloods were taken too early. This cycle I rang my Gyno to explain and she told me to hold of until 7dpo. Finally got my results and WOW my Pregosterone was at 102.9 which is super high in NZ. (twins??) anyway I pushed to get 3 lots of HCG levels done every second day and are now waiting for those results. My midwife and Gyno have told me not to pay to much attention to the HCG numbers as they vary from woman to woman. I know it wont indicate a MC as mine occured at 11wks, well after HCG levels should have been taken. I want to tick all the boxes this time. I have noticed in New Zealand, we dont seem to have the same opportunities as other countries. Some examples, we don't have a scan to see if a follicle is ready to be released, HCG levels are not generally tested. Heartbeat is not measured (unless really requested to) and progesterone treatment is definately not offered or encouraged (especially when on fertility drugs) Anyway, fingers are crossed that this little one sticks past the first trimester. My fertile age is running out, so this means everything to us. I have to admit, I am a little scared until we get past that stage and can sit back and enjoy this pregnancy. If you wish to comment or want some advice in return, I have looked into a ton of information and managed to sift through personal opinions of ppl and take on board as many facts as possible. Thankyou, gogirl19

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Congratulations on your positive!! I hope that you have an uneventful 9 months. Hugs

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo