Community post

Discussion

Help a newbie? :)

Hi everyone!
I'm still trying to figure out how to pinpoint ovulation. I have irregular cycles so I'm really struggling with this. I've been tracking bbt orally, I'm on my second cycle of tracking (you can see the charts on my page) my last cycle was super short (I think) only about 20 days, then a light period (spotting for 3 days, bleeding for 1 day, then more spotting for 2 more days) I also just got OPK strips but I'm not sure when to start testing or how long you are supposed to test.
I guess I am looking for lots of help, haha. Maybe some cycles buddies or just ttc buddies too?
:)

User Image

3 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

When using the OPK's start on CD 14 that is usually when most people O. Take it mid day (between 11-7). When the test line is as dark or darker then the control line when you will O within 24-48 hours. This also means that if you keep testing your tests will continue to be positive, but you should BD starting on the first day of a +OPK and for 3 days after for best results. (if possible, no worries if you can't as long as you get 1 good BD in during that time. your chances will just be way better)

But also pay attention to when your next cycle starts. If it within 10 days of O then your may need to see your DR. You need at least 12 days for implantation.

Example: I had a 28 day cycle, I O'd on CD18 and 10 later AF came. An egg didn't have time to implant. My DR put me on progesterone to lengthen my cycle, it stretched to 32 and the second month I was on it I got my BFP.

8 years ago

Thank you so much! All very helpful information :)

User Image

8 years ago • Post starter

I have a bit different info about timing of O. Usually it is in the middle of your cycle or 14 days before your next AF. So if your cycle is 20 days, I suggest start testing on CD 6 and continue untill CD 10. If you don't get a positive result (and that is only when the test line is equal or darker than control line - not like pregnancy test where also faint line means positive) keep testing.

Good luck and keep us updated!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo