Community post

Discussion

Pregnancy Tests; Control line verses Test line

This is my 3rd pregnancy, so one would think I would be used to this by not, but each time it's like I throw myself into a panic regarding the darkness of the test lines.

My line is definitely darker than last week - 1 week ago - however it is not as dark as the control line. Is this normal? I am 18dpo, and my test line looks strong, but it's not as dark as the control line.

When I look back at my old pregnancy tests from my first two pregnancies the lines definitely got as dark as the control lines around this same timeframe/ dpo.

Do I need to worry about this?

href="http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com">egnant-1363496400z7z1364274000z1.png" border="0">

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

On the pregnancy test I bought it is written on Instruction that it does not matter how dark the line is. If you see a line, any line paralel to the control line, it means you are pregnant.

It may never get dark as the control line. The control line is colored by default, it is not a control line resulted from a hormone test. It is just a colored line, a printed one on the fabric of the test so that you could know how your line would supposed to be. I used this label which can be used any time of the day http://testulbarza.ro/acasa/

I don't know if this is the case of your pregnancy test. Read the instructions.

8 years ago

Also, if you want a darker line you should test first time in the morning, when the urine is not diluted.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo