Community post

Discussion

Erratic Temps

Hi, I need advice on working out when I ovulated with erratic temperatures.

I've only been charting for about a month so I'm still learning how to understand it. I try to keep my temp taking time as close to the same as possible but when I started doing it for the month it was about 4.5 hours after I woke up because I misinterpreted the advice (yay brain fog from raising a toddler).

Either way I seem to have erratic temperatures so it makes it very hard to calculate ovulation. I've tried the fertility friend site and only their research ovulation predictor (apparently it has newer features that they haven't implemented into their main one yet) detected a probable ovulation, which is the one I have set on my chart. I'm not sure if it looks right or not though.

Also, I just had the birth control implant out on the 27th of March after having it in for about 2.75 years so I don't know if that'd change things or not, I did have a normal length period afterwards though which I counted as the start of this cycle.

The last time I was without BC I was having 5-7 week cycles, with my daughter we found out I was pregnant at 7 weeks by LMP but 6 weeks by the scan.

Please help!

1 Reply • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi! I also have erratic temps (it notes it on this CTP chart every month) I also chart in Celsius and have to convert to Fahrenheit which probably doesn't help either. My advice is to just keep taking your temp at the same time every day upon waking (I set my alarm for an hour earlier than i actually get up). My guess is that the birth control you were on could also be messing with your temps. I am on my 7th cycle past birth control and my temps just started to level out last cycle. I chart with TCOYF, CTP & Fertility friend and it took 4 cycles of charting for them to finally match my ovulation day. Also make sure that Fertility Friend is set to FAM (not Advanced like it automatically defaults to). I am by no means an expert but after researching, reading and talking to my doctor have found this works for me. Good luck!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo