Community post

Discussion

ugh! anyone else a POAS-aholic?!

Dear lord, I'm having the longest TWW in the history of twwaits! Haha. I tested yesterday (8dpo) and this morning... Both BFN. Which I KNOW is too early to be stressing myself out. Lol. Hubby was completely against the idea of another one (we have 4 boys) and now all of a sudden wants not only another but is hoping for multiples!! Crazy man!! Sorry ranted...please tell me I'm not the only psycho pee-er in here?!?

87 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 87 Replies | Last Page

Mmhmm...Ive peed on three tests already. All of which I KNEW would come out neg because it's just way too early! I'm 9 dpo today also. I made my husband go out and get another test lol. I think I'll wait a few days to take it though. ....If I CAN wait!!

8 years ago

I've got ONE test left...hoping HOPING I can't save it until at least Monday but going to try very hard to wait till Tuesday while he's at work so I can surprise him!

8 years ago • Post starter

Hahaha, you're perfectly fine, trust me! It was my first time ever ttc and I started poas from dpo 6 even though I knew it was waaaaaay too early, like twice a day)))
I'm 14 dpo today and only only got my first BFP on dpo 12, but it disappeared. Later that day I got one that stayed there but was super faint. Starting from yesterday I took like 5, lol. And they are all BFP!
The funnies thing it's my husband who makes me poas every couple hrs, as if he's afraid the line won't show up))) So men can be poas-holics too!

8 years ago

Ahh!! Congrats!!! Yes my hubby is the same way!! Even though I didn't tell him until tonight that I took the other two...he knows what I'm talking about when it comes to "woman and baby stuff". Haha but I know he gets discouraged just like I do when nothing pops up EVEN IF its too early. Lol

Congrats on your BFP!!

I just started TTC this cycle. Ive been addicted to this site for the past few weeks! Reading every BFP story...looking at everyones tests...charting every "symptom". Im not even late yet and I feel like Im out of the game lol.

mommyto4boys--Im going to try my hardest to wait until Tuesday. Siigh...I probably wont though :)~

8 years ago

Holliems - I so understand what you're talking about! I feel like mine is almost a miracle, because this is my first natural cycle after getting off the pill and I didn't expect it to be so easy. I didn't do anything at all, no charting, no ovulation kits, not a single thing, and BAM! And a lot of people were really discouraging here, telling that it's really hard to get it on your first cycle. I got my withdrawal after stopping the pill and was waiting for the first AF, but it never came)) I had very sore nipples and congested nose right away, at about 3 dpo. And in general, I just knew I was preggo, can't explain how or why. But I just knew. I felt different, but couldn't explain it even to myself.

Mommato4boys - I'm sure you'll get it right! You have lots of experience))

Lots of baby dust to you, ladies!

8 years ago

Oh, and I forgot: Thank you so much for your congrats!

8 years ago

Before a month or so ago, I SWORE I was done having kids. I already have two. But...I got married and he has no kids, plus Im 37...so I figured its now or never. But after everything Ive read and seeing how hard it is to get pregnant at my age (as if its old??!) Im really starting to wonder if itll happen for me. Im keeping hope, though. My mom got pregnant at 41 and my husbands mother didnt start having kids until 37 so I know its possible! Im healthy and have regular periods...An OPK SAID I ovulated? Who knows!

Its funny, Ive spent my adult life trying NOT to get pregnant...now here I am charting lol.

Sometimes though, I remember the lack of sleep...and the noise...and carrying a baby everywhere with me and I think...do I REALLY want to do it all over again?? Then I remember the smiles and giggles and smell of baby and think...yea...I do.

Two more days until testing!! Wish me luck!! lol

8 years ago

Holliems - Don't listen to anyone who says something you don't like! I say it's all mental, if you want - you'll have it! My sister in-law was conceived when her mother was 42 and everything was perfect! Plus you're healthy, so I see absolutely no reason why you can't do this. My other sister in-law is 37 herself, she just got married and not even in a hurry to have babies, and she's an OB-GYN!
I wish you all the luck in the world, everything will be the way you want it!!!

8 years ago

Holli...having 4 boys I swore MANY times I was done...but then after joking with hubby saying "let's have another one!!" And him being so adamantly against it, I felt in my heart that I REALLY wasn't done...and now hubby is more on board than I ever thought possible! I wish you the very best and I hope we both get our BFP's!!! It was so hard not to test this morning!! Hubby wanted me to but I'm gonna test tomorrow AM.

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo