Community post

Discussion

BFP, then brown spotting, still BFP HELP (12DPO)

Hello ladies! I need your help. This is my first cycle trying for my second baby and I have feel crazy pregnancy symptoms since ovulation. I just KNEW I was pregnant. I tested at 10 DPO with FRER and got a paint positive. I tested at 11DPO and today at 12DPO with several different tests and they have all come up positive. This morning (12DPO) I had brown discharge on my panties (small amount). I used a liner after this and have not had any more but when I wipe, I still see some brown discharge. I never experienced spotting during my first pregnancy so im a little freaked out but ive heard it is normal. My period is due tomorrow.
Has anyone experienced brown spotting and went on to have a normal pregnancy???

ANY THOUGHTS???

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi there Caroldale7
It could be either older blood from implantation of the egg into your uterus (around 9 dpo) or like my experience, 'breakthrough bleeding' which can happen around the time you would normally get your period.
I am told this is due to the your body being used to having a cycle but the hormones tell it not to shed the uterine lining this cycle (due to pregnancy) Your uterus has been changing and stretching in preparation of the pregnancy and it may well shed a tiny amount of blood. Nothing really to be too concerned with as can happen to a woman. Also, you may have spotting at the start of pregnancy (and even into middle) without problems. It is a horrible feeling though, it has happened to me so I understand how you are feeling. As long as it is not bright red, clotty or fresh, try not to worry or stress. Any concerns call your doctor. Google 'breakthrough bleeding' it is very interesting.

Good luck and congratulations. gogirl19

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo