Community post

Discussion

Need a boost. Don't know what to do

I'm sorry to be a whinge as I know we are all in the same boat but in serious need of some support (or a swift kick up the jacksie) and have nowhere to turn. I am 2 years in to trying for our first and have all the symptoms of yet another pending af. I am having a bit of a meltdown and can't see a way forward. I don't live in my home town anymore so don't have strong network of friends. Even if my friends were here I'd be no better off as they all fell pregnant easily. Does anyone know of any support groups or counciling for this type of situation In Shropshire? X

11 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Replies | Last Page

Hi,

I'm in the same boat you are but on the other side of the pond. I'm also two years into trying for my first. I can relate completely. I wish I could direct you to an actual physical support group because I truely believe that would be helpful. Unfortunately I can't do more than direct you to google and see what it turns up in your area. I haven't found a physical support group in my area either. I did find the groups on here to be very supportive, they may not be near by but they're good at relating to what I'm going through, more so than most of my friends and family.

Me:29 DH:27 Mar 31 2015: IUI #1, MC 16/04 May 30, 2015: IUI #2, Jul 31, 2015: IUI #3, Aug 25, 2015: IUI #4, Sep 26, 2015: IUI #5, Oct 24, 2015: IUI #6,

8 years ago

Hi Margie_M,

So sorry you're going through the same struggle. Thank you for replying by the way, sometimes just a simple act of support can make a world of difference. I have searched all over and can't seem to find a physical support group either. I don't know what it is I'm looking for to be honest but this month seems to to have hit me so hard. Where are you if you don't mind me asking?

It's so frustrating isn't it, you do everything right but it just doesn't happen. Have you been to see a doctor etc?

Can you recommend good groups/topics on this site? Xx

8 years ago • Post starter

Hi loulou, believe me I thought I was going crazy back in June so I know what you mean. The other ladies on this site have helped me through this struggle in ways that my real life friends can't. I'm in the US, around washington DC.

Me:29 DH:27 Mar 31 2015: IUI #1, MC 16/04 May 30, 2015: IUI #2, Jul 31, 2015: IUI #3, Aug 25, 2015: IUI #4, Sep 26, 2015: IUI #5, Oct 24, 2015: IUI #6,

8 years ago

Lol I just saw the second part of your post. I've been to a doctor. They've diagnosed us with unexplained infertility. Basically they don't know why we can't get pregnant. I'm on my 4th IUI this cycle. We'll be able to do 2 more, if this one isn't successful, before moving on to IVF.

The IUI/IVF board is really great if you've started down the fertility treatment path. I also recommend the monthly boards. I think the most recent on is for May 2016 babies, although they may have made a June 2016 one by now. They're not specifically for people who have been trying for a while but the ladies there are supportive regardless of how long you've been trying.

I'm glad I was able to give you some support. The worst part about this is feeling alone even when surrounded by people.

8 years ago

Hi loulou81,

I'm sorry to hear what you're going through right now. All I can say is that I can relate. We've been "trying" for 6 cycles now and I keep telling myself to give it a year before I get worried. But some months I just want it so bad, it hits pretty hard when it doesn't happen. I have also moved far from all my friends and family, and most of them either are pregnant, already have kids, or aren't at the baby bearing stage yet. So it's tough to find someone who can relate. I'm pretty new to this forum but can already see some of the encouraging interaction between the women here. Hopefully you will find some ladies who you can talk to here! Also, I've heard of a lot of couples who were able to conceive after both doing a thorough colon cleanse. It might be worth looking into, it's amazing the role our colons play in all parts of our health. I'd like to try it sometime myself. Just a thought! :)

8 years ago

Hi ladies,

Sorry for the delay. I decided an extra early night was called for! I feel a tad better today just being able to touch Base with people who know exactly how I feel, so thanks again.

I'll definitely have a good look around the forums here and not be afraid to ask for advice.

We also have unexplained fertility. It would almost be easier if you knew what the problem was so you can at least take action to help that specific thing.

I don't you if either of you feel the same but one of the hardest things is when family or friends ask you every time they see you "have you two thought about having kids, your clocks are ticking". They don't know we're trying and say it in jest but just want to rip their heads of! Lol

@Hoping4Aspen I've never heard of the colon cleanse thing, sounds interesting! I shall have to look in to that. Thanks

My family are currently visiting Washington DC as we speak. They live in Canada but went on vacation to florida and stopped in at Washington on the way back home. It looks lovely on the pics.

Anyway, thanks again for replying ladies, it really has lifted my mood. Hope you both get your bfp asap x I'll keep everything crossed for you :) x

Loulou - I hope you got a good night's sleep and feel rested. I wish I could've slept in today. I'm glad to help. It's alway nice to talk to someone going through the same thing. I agree it would be so much easier if there was something specific to fix, but alas that isn't the case.
I've gotten that one, although more people have asked if we're planning on starting a family. My family knows what we're going through and DH'S family doesn't ask. The worst one for me is the "you both are still young, just relax" as if that's the only thing that's keeping us from concieving. Thanks.

Hoping4aspen - I don't think it matters how long you've been trying it's always difficult when AF shows. I've never heard of the colon clense. The ladies on here are fantastic. I've received so much support on here. If nothing else I don't feel as alone. We moved away from our friends and family too so I know how it feels to go through it without that normal support.

I hope we all get our BFPS very soon.

8 years ago

HI ladies! I just wanted to check in and see how you both are doing. :) AF showed up for me and I am on cd4 now. I was super emotianal leading up to it, my poor DH! I've felt especially lonely the last couple days. I will be seeing a dear friend of mine tomorrow who is about 5 months pregnant and I have such mixed feelings about it. She's so happy and glowing...it's difficult to be around those who are pregnant already, even when you're happy for them. It's almost as bad as those well meaning people who ask, "So, when are you guys going to hop on the baby bandwagon?" One guy asked if we had kids. When I told him no, not yet, he asked how long we have been married. I said two years. He seemed so astonished. "You've been married two years and don't have kids yet?!?!" Sometimes I don't even know what to say to people like that...anyways, I guess this turned into more of a rant. Sorry :p

Hoping for bfp for both of you!!

8 years ago

Hi ya Hun,

Stupid af arrived at the same time as you by the sounds of it! On cd4 too. It was a little late but think that was due to feeling so stressed that I could feel she was on her way! I only have a very light af and was finished by yesterday. Used to worry such light short periods were the pro let but the doc says not.

After your advice on your colon cleanse I did a bit of reading on the subject. I'm not sure I could go through the procedure it have read up on ladies who said they did a detox plan from cd1 for 14 days and it worked for them so I'm trying that at the moment! Anything is worth a go xx

People mean well it don't half make you feel rubbish with their comments don't they.
That lonely feeling is so hard isn't it, hard to explain but I currently feel like I'm living in some sort of bubble. I can normally pick myself up and dust off and crack on trying the next month, but this month seems to have taken a piece out of me. Feel so down but trying to keep my chin up. How are you feeling?

I work in a school so we start back after the summer hols tomorrow so that will help me get on with things or distract me!

My sister in law is due her 3rd In November. She has been my go to girl for advice during the last 2 years.... But she called me to tell me the news they were expecting and I really had to hold back the tears, very happy for her but felt so hard done by. They weren't even trying.... Arggghhh. So now I can't talk to her about it all as it feels too weird. I feel awful but been avoiding family gatherings because I just can't deal with it. Feel like such a horrible person.

Oops now I'm on a rant! Anyway I hope you're both doing well and keeping my fingers crossed this is our month ladies! Xxxx

Hello Ladies.

I saw this post and I felt that I needed to chime in. Hopefully what I tell you will give you all some hope.

I was very active in the monthly forums for about a year and then dropped off and just kept up with my charting for probably the last year. My DH and I have been trying to conceive since April of 2011. Yup, that's right, over 5 years now. And that's not even really the half of it. It wasn't until then that the dr's found that my tubes were impacted and I needed surgery to correct the issue. If the egg can't get through it will never meet the sperm. So we get the surgery and still, for years, nothing. I truly thought I was broken in a sense. It was never going to happen for us and that made me incredibly sad.

My insurance doesn't cover IUI or IVF so that was not going to be our route to take at all. I figured, what else can I possibly do? My answer was acupuncture. I started in October of last year. It has been a long and trying road as well. Filled with disappointment every time that AF showed up. Different combinations of Chinese herbs month after month. Temping every day, having to bring my thermometer on vacations. Never once even having a shadow of a hint of a BFP...Until this past weekend. After over 5 years!!! Finally!!! A little bean of my very own!! Hopefully it's a keeper and sticks around =).

I hope and pray for all of you!! Baby dust and sticky beans!!!

8 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo