Community post

Discussion

First time for trying..hubby is all chatted out on the topic

Hey guys, I'm new to the site...new to everything relating TTC. My husband has a child from a previous relationship and we've only just decided to try for one of our own...I've always enjoyed intercourse but it feels like I'm putting so much stress on trying that I'm driving the poor man crazy. In the last month I've googled so many topics that I think I've read most forums as a lurker and I'm officially overthinking every single thing my body does.

I'm currently in the TWW stage..tested today because I have no self control and got a neg result..obviously feeling disappointed but silly at the same time. Period isn't due until the 9th...I have no idea why I feel so desperate to conceive but becoming a mother is something I've always wanted...so to be trying just floors me with excitement.

I forgot to mention..this spring we found out that I was pregnant with an ectopic. This was insane as I was on the pill and have never had it fail on me before. I originally went to the hospital with severe abdominal pain (thinking appendicitis) only for the doctor to congratulate me on my pregnancy..
I was ecstatic for all of 2 hours when we found out it wasn't a keeper...

Just looking to talk..vent..poor hubby is tired of my constant chattering about it.

18 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 18 Replies | Last Page

Hi! Just came across your post and decided to write to you. It's my first time tic too, and I'm dealing with the same issues you do! I just came off the pill in late July and had my withdrawal bleeding, but have absolutely no idea when to expect af. I'm pretty sure I ovulated in August and hope I'm pregnant right now!!
I'm only 12 dpo today, but the weirdest thing happened this morning: I peed on a stick and almost immediately got 2 pink lines, but the second one disappeared within 30 seconds. So then I did another test couple hrs later and it was just negative. But about 2 hrs ago my husband persuaded me to do another one, and guess what, there's a line there! It's faint, but it's pink and solid, and it stayed there. Then couple hrs after that I had to pee again, and my hubby was like "just take the goddamn stick with you", hahaha. So I did, and again, I got two lines!!
I know it's probably too early yet, but I'm sure if I do it tomorrow morning the line won't be faint anymore)) Forgot to say, I'm using FRER.
So if I'm indeed preggo, then it almost seems like a miracle, coz it's my first cycle off the pill, and I was on it for 2 years!

8 years ago

Welcome to the TTC time of your life!!!! It will be a roller coaster. And honestly. The less you talk to hubby about the details. The happier he'll probably be. I wore my hubby out and taught my mother more about conception than she knew herself. Lol.
I was obsessed for the first one. Obsessed again but we are aiming for oct as to put some space between our May baby and this one. I'm so anxious I can't stand it!!!!! Lol.
Hang in there. Keep it fun-- for your own sanity ???????????????? and I'll gladly chat any time!!!! ????????????????

Baby dust

~Momma Me~

8 years ago

That's so exciting maybe baby!!!!!! Congrats :)

~Momma Me~

8 years ago

Mommame, thank you so much! I'll be beyond happy if those faint lines turn into BFP. Btw, if everything turns out ok, it will be a May baby too!:)
How's your journey been so far?
Baby dust!

8 years ago

I agree with mommame,s posting here. I am also insane about getting info. Tell your husband only the important, necessary and brief information. Usually guys are not so open about this topic when it's about them being involved... It scares them...

8 years ago

Oh my gosh ladies, thanks so much for answering! It helps so much just to vent..there's a lot more emotional baggage than i expected when you're timing everything and watching the calendar. Congrats on your two lines!! Mine have always been very clear BFN and i KNOW theres always next month to try again but my brain ( or is it uterus at this point? ) doesn't care for the logic at all. I was even concerned BECAUSE hubby didnt wanna talk about it..so to hear he's being an average man (surprise surprise) helps a lot. Hes already been through all the excitement. ..however he didn't plan it..so my anxiety is a wholenew realm for him. Thank you thank you Thank you for being there for me

8 years ago • Post starter

Good morning, ladies! I have news!!!
This morning I did a FRER again and it's two pink solid lines, pinker than last night!!!! I'm beyond excited, could hardly sleep last night, waiting for the morning to test, haha. Bad news is I also did a ClearBlue Digital, and that one is a BFN. But to be honest I'm not really upset, coz from what I read everywhere it needs more hcg than FRER.
Crystalyvonne - Lots of baby dust your way!
I totally understand your feelings. Since it's my first time ever ttc I had no idea what was going to happen. I consider myself a rational person, but maybe I'm not after all)))) I started testing 6 dpi even though I knew it was too early. So whatever it is you do or think is ok as long as it keeps you sane))) I'm always here for you in case you need to talk!!

Baby Dust to everybody!!!

8 years ago

Congrats maybe.baby!!!! I'm so excited for you!! :D I'm glad you started testing as early as I did!! Stay and keep me updated on your journey? :):) whenever I look at the ovulation chart thing, it highlights a few days so I just count from the day right in the middle..maybe I should be using the last day instead? Ah either way, period is one week away and I've got a serious case of the weepies recently..either way..I'll try again :D stupid clear blue giving bad results! :p

Crystal, thank you so much! At times I really felt like I was almost going crazy and making up all those symptoms. But turned out I wasn't, your body knows best!
I also wanna say I almost feel sort of ashamed because everything happened so fast and easy for me (knock on the wood) without even really trying. It literally took us once! And there all these women out there trying hard for many many months and years((
I'll keep you posted on my journey and you can write to me anytime with anything! Also, hard as it may be, try to relax and not think about it too much. I know it sounds close to impossible, but that's how they say it happens best. Also I don't really have any experience with O tracking, but the way I spotted mine was tons and tons of that egg white cm everybody talks about. To the point that it was literally hanging out from there when I went to the bathroom (sorry for tmi). Hope that helps some.

8 years ago

......guys I MAY have a positive!!User Image

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo