Community post

Discussion

No PPAF, but symptoms galore

Hi, I'm new here and discovered this board when wildly googling all sorts of things about symptoms.

I have three daughters, my youngest is 18 months and I am still nursing her on demand and I still have not gotten my PP AF back. I used Wondfo cheapie OPKs to know when it was 'safe' for Husband and I to engage in a little dancing. ;) We are not certain we want another but we haven't made any permanent plans to change our fertility status either. I am not on any type of BC either.

So here is my status...I took 45 days or so worth of OPKs, sometimes twice a day, and all of them were negative. I ran out just a day before I was headed out of town and figured I'd order more when I got home a few days later. Husband and I did the deed that night. The next morning I had terrible, terrible cramping. It reminded me of ovulation. I have PCOS so I'm not regular and haven't been in my whole life and I nurse my kids for a long time so I've literally only had a dozen cycles since 2007. The cramping subsided later in the day and I went out of town without thinking about it much.

After much consideration, I realized that may have been ovulation. The OPKs I took on Wednesday were definitely negative, but looking back, my Thursday morning (and last one in the pack) was darker than those before.

So for the sake of argument, let's just say it was O. Starting around 5-6dpo, I had a slew of symptoms, specifically vivid dreams. Then came the dull headaches, then the overwhelming hunger, followed by some cravings for my favorite pregnancy foods (pepperoncinis, yellow peppers, spicy things), the gas - OH MY GOODNESS THE GAS - and the cramping. I'm at 11dpo now and two days ago I had some obvious pulling cramps, and today my hips ache, but in general it feels like early pregnancy cramping from what I remember from my girls.

I have tested with FRER and $Tree tests since 7dpo, sometimes twice a day because I AM CONVINCED I am pregnant.

But alas, bfns (I did have an ugly evap on a $Tree, but that was hours later, shame on me ;) )

I have nothing to track this and ladies, I am making myself insane. I could have sworn there was the faintest of lines on my afternoon FRER today and I stared until my eyes went cross. I feel ridiculous. Before all this, we weren't even 100% sure we wanted a fourth (his fifth) and now here I am desperately hoping for a bfp. But at the same time, I'd be a little relieved to get PP AF too.

My brain and heart are not at all aligned on this one.

So my question is not specific, but I'd LOVE to pass the time reading others' stories like mine, especially the bit about no PPAF before getting KU with another behbeh.

And is anyone else sorely disappointed in the newer FRERs? In my obsessive testing days, FRER was the be all, end all in tests...that's what you took for assured accuracy. Now? Ick. Indents galore.....sigh....especially that new creepy design, am I right??

Please entertain my crazy.....please?

0 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo