Community post

Discussion

Confused

On Sunday April 13th I went to the ER because of bleeding. I thought for sure I was miscarrying....doctor told me pregnancy hormone was low only 252. He said cervix is closed and to stay off my feet. Followed up with my OB she said levels only rose to 288, and warned me of possibly miscarrying. That Wednesday I started to bleed heavily & passed a grey like tissue. I assumed it was my baby. I mourned and accepted the fact I miscarried. Did another follow up with my OB this time she called back with very strange news. My hcG levels doubled to 600! How is that possible? Could I not have miscarried or possible tissue leftover? I am only 6 weeks so she said I shouldn't have trouble passing naturally. Has anyone had a bleed before? Anything would be great!!! Getting repeated labs soon....

Took another HPT & it's darker than any I've taken before. My mind is blown....

8 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

Maybe the bleeding is just unexplainable? Did you cramp at all or just bleed? Did the doctor want to do any kind of scan since u passed tissue in order to figure out whats going on rather than kooking at the numbers? As for the pregnancy test if you did misscarry the test will show positive until the hcg is just about out of ur system. Sad but true. Takes several weeks sometimes so taking a pregnancy test after what you fear maybe a misscarge is irrelevant because hcg doesnt leave the system for weeks. Sorry your going thru this im sure ur terrified! I think they should give u some kind of scan make sure there is a baby an its where it should be!

10 years ago

I have not done a scan with the weekend. I am going in tomorrow to take my levels again. She told me I would still have hcg in my system but it should decline not double. And no she didn't mention an u/s

10 years ago • Post starter

First thing is -I find it entirely irresponsible if they did not do an ultrasound. That is the first thing with a blood test that my doctor would have ordered.
second thing is-with my first pregnancy I bled throughout my ENTIRE pregnancy. I was getting ultrasounds two to three times a month because of that. But nothing was ever "wrong", I felt fine and baby was born at 9pounds 11 ounces. She is perfectly healthy and very bright (straight a student). The doctors were all baffled and could not explain it. I think my doctor was more stressed about it than I was to tell you the truth. She was always making me go to the hospital even when I didn't want to, one time she called an ambulance for me lol. I loved my doctor and there should be more like her :)
However I never passed any sort of tissue so I cannot explain that part.
If it has not already been done I would demand for an immediate ultrasound and ask why the hec they didn't do one yet and don't accept any of their lame excuses either. An ultrasound can tell you a lot more than any blood test could.

10 years ago

Absolutely from what I have heard I could have passed part of my uterine wall... Any left over tissue build up throughout the years & my body expelled it in room for a pregnancy. On Monday I will ask for a pelvic exam and an ultrasound... Either way if I did miscarry I want to make sure my uterus is clear so I can TTC again. You post is really helpful. Blood in pregnancy is so scary I'm happy to hear others have had the same thing and carried full term!

UPDATE

Numbers doubled again. Dr said there is definitely something in there! Getting an ultrasound today. Hoping to see a gestational sac! Or something to prove baby is alive & well.

Good luck! Let us know what happens.

10 years ago

Update-
Pregnancy was ectopic. Baby implanted in my tubes. This has been one long stressful week. Just happy to finally have answers. I got very lucky because I had NO pain at all that pointed to ectopic. The bleed was the only sign my body gave me. After levels reached 3,000 they were able to see a small sac. Did two injections of methotrexate. Levels should drop & be able to try again once HCG is 0. Hoping this was just a fluke and doesn't happen again. Thanks for the support!

oh no :(
i'm really sorry that happened. i'm really glad that they did an ultrasound. Any doctor should order an US the second a patient is pregnant.
I hope you recover successfully

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo