Community post

Discussion

Frustrated with OPK

I have been trying to conceive this month, so I did temps and checking cervix changes since cd3. I started OPK that same day. On cd11 seemed like I had a surge as my OPK became positive and my temp went up etc, I started counting DPO 2 days later. On cd17 and what I thought was 4dpo I got a very positive OPK and has continued til now, I was still checking my cervix and had ewcm on cd 18. I still was getting pos OPK til this point. Today my OPK got way darker than the control line and became positive right away.. my cervix is closed but my cm increased as of today but its white and creamy. I am gonna go insane with this as I keep on getting these positive OPK and no sign of ovulation since my cervix is high and closed. My boobs do hurt and a little cramp today. I did HPT this morning and noon and is negative. AF is due on march 29. Is anybody experiencing the same??? this is frustrating as I am trying to conceive and my hubby is tired from work and dont wanna bd every day.. Would appreciate comments !!! :-/ will post the OPK I just did.

User Image

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

You shouldn't keep testing after you get your first positive opk. You usually will o about 24 hrs after your first positive opk.
When I first started TTC I used opks along with bbt and checking cm. Once you notice your cm become creamy like the consistency of lotion consider ovulation has taken place. The progesterone rise in your body after o causes this change along with your temp spike on your bbt chart. Your temp spike usually confirms o has taken place.
I too have had multiple days +opks. I had a pack of 20 so I just kept testing out of curiosity, but my bbt and my cm confirmed that I O'd about 24hrs after my first +opk. That's the benefit of using several methods of tracking your o. Now I can tell when I'm o'ing just from my cm.

User Image

10 years ago

Thanks! makes sense.. I guess I should stop testing or I will go insane. I did test yesterday and today. Todays test line is way darker than the control line... its upsetting me a bit as i be thinking something is wrong with me and I wanted it to happen this month so bad that is making me feel all these symptoms.. I am gonna look at my bbt chart again see when it went up maybe that would give me an idea as af is due in 7 days!

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo