Community post

Discussion

How can I get dh more involved emotionally

My dh and I have been trying to conceive for a year now. He has low sperm count and I have tried everything in my power to be supportive. I have done all the research. Changed our diet and even started some infertility drugs but there is no follow through. He starts ever regiment but then half way through taking them he stops. We only have sex twice during ovulation and I have to initiate it. He says he really wants a baby but I'm starting to have doubts that he really isn't trying hard or understands how much effort it takes to conceive a baby with infertility issues. How can I make him understand what it takes?

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

This is a hard one, I get the impression men get quite comfy when there are just two of you in a relationship. Having a baby can be neither here or there for them but when they do have a baby then they get attached.

So you must have been to a fertility doctor and discussed IUI. IUI is supposed to be really good for low SA but you'd have to do it more than once.

Keep on with the healthy diet for him, it probably is the one thing that you can get him to do and complain if he drinks beer. This can make a big difference.

Good luck x

9 years ago

Stop talking about it and obsessing over it. I really don't think women understand how much of a turn off it is for men to be harassed about getting pregnant non stop, and to be forced to listen to their wives prattle on about it 24/7 like they are possessed. It makes sex very boring, it makes them uncomfortable, and it really stagnates any sexual feelings they have for you.
Men are people too not machines. It's easy for women to just think about themselves and what they want and ignore the men entirely or take for granted that they want the same things.
Just have sex all the time. Don't plan it, don't write it in the calendar, don't tell the man what he can and cannot eat, don't bore him with internet articles and books you read, and what soandso said might help, and especially donot tell him about this website and everyone on it and what everyone tries. Just stop.
Men every where are talking with their buddies about how obsessed their wives are about having a baby and how much of a pain in the a** having sex with them is.
This sounds harsh but it's true, and a lot of women need a reality check when it comes to trying for a baby and what their husbands have to endure. Like I said they are people too.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo