Community post

Discussion

End of the TWW. Weekend of truth.

I am on CD27. I'm 13dpo. I had an IUI on April 5th. I've been having AF like cramps in my lower back for the past week (normal for me) and AF cramps off and on for the past few days. AF is due tomorrow as my luteal phase has never been more than 13 days since beginning fertility treatments. My boobs got incredibly sore around 7-8dpo (also normal). Then the pain mostly subsided and came back yesterday. I have had a loss of appetite (sort of. Yesterday I went without eating breakfast, ate around 2pm, then wasn't hungry again until about 10pm) and I've been getting waves of mild nausea. It is very hard for me to get nauseated. I have not been temping. CM has been school-glue like in color and consistency. My fertility tracker says this is a sign your progesterone levels are up. Is this true? Starting yesterday it has the slightest yellow tint to it. Probably a sign of impending AF.

It sucks that every "early sign" of pregnancy can also be a sign of AF. I'll just have to wait until tomorrow. I should start spotting today or tomorrow morning if I'm going to start. I'm pretty sure I'm out this month but I just can't help but hope. This is our 5th IUI.

I'm only somewhat hopeful because I've heard stories from women who said they had all the symptoms that AF was coming (bad cramps included) and still ended up pregnant.

I can't take a hpt yet because my RE gives me a follow up hcg shot 4-5 days after an IUI to help support the luteal phase. Last cycle I tested a slight positive at 12dpo (8 days after follow up hcg shot). During a previous cycle I had tested negative 10 days after the shot so I think it takes at least 10 days to leave my system. Today I am 13dpo and 8 days post shot. It might still be in my system.

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative (dollar store brand) but after found out the test had expired last summer. I'm not sure how accurate the result is then. So far my luteal phase has never been longer than 13 days. That would mean today I am due to start. I usually spot a day before but so far nothing.

Now could the day of my IUI affect the length of my luteal phase. In past cycles I've had an IUI done on CD15 and once we had it done on CD16. All of those cycles my luteal phase was 13 days. This cycle I had my IUI done on CD14. My cycles have been 28-29 days. On the 29 day cycle I did the IUI on CD 16. So on a normal cycle I'd have an IUI on day 15, cycle would last 28 days with a 13 day luteal phase. On another cycle I had an IUI on CD 16, cycle length was 29 days with a 13 day luteal phase.

So now I'm wondering about this cycle. I had an IUI on CD 14 and today is CD28. According to my normal cycle length I should spot today and start tomorrow, but that would make my luteal phase 14 days which it has never been. Looking back at old cycles (when I was on clomid my cycles were usually around 30-33 days, even then my luteal phase never passed 13 days.

I'm really hoping AF doesn't show up this weekend and I can't help but be hopeful since according to luteal length I should have spotted yesterday and started today. My cycle length has varied in the past (again clomid makes me ovulate late so I have longer cycles) but my luteal length has been pretty consistent. No less than 12 days, no more than 13.

Any thoughts?

10 years ago • Post starter

I have no idea to be honest. The body does crazy things BUT, i remember the first time I was preggies, I had very minor symptoms (weight loss was one of the big ones in fact) and I tested negative for the first 4 weeks. I felt something was off when I didn't get a period but didn't think I was pregnant. I took a test anyway and I got a very faint line 3 times. I thought because it wasn't a dark line that I wasn't pregnant this was AT LEAST 25 dpo. I waited another month and still no AF so I KNEW something was wrong and went to Planned Parenthood to find out I was BFP! I couldn't believe it. There are no rules. The body does what it wants and I find that unless a women is REALLY in tune with her body, most women who were actually pregnant didn't even notice until they missed a period and sometimes after. I recommend to stop worrying about and if you are, you will KNOW by a BFP after not having a period. That's my experience.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo