Community post

Discussion

Newbie :-)

Hi everyone! :-)

I am 28 years old and I have a 7 year old already. Myself and my current partner have decided to try for a baby and this is the first month I have actually started taking it "seriously" and have bought ovulation tests etc. But we have been trying (but not very hard) for a couple of months. I have quite "awkward" periods, where sometimes they are like clockwork but other times its just "when they feel like it." I know its silly, but I am quite disappointed it didn't work this time. I am 9dpo and just got a negative test.

I suffered a really bad pregnancy loss a couple of years ago and my ex walked out on me because I wasn't up for trying again at that point, but I have decided that at this point in my life, I do want another one.

I know its bad but I my partners best friends have managed to get pregnant this month, and I cant help but feel a bit jealous, even though I know they have been trying for quite a long time and am still very happy for them as they are lovely people. I know it will probably happen in its own time, but I am finding it quite difficult not to "obsess" over it....

Anyway, I hope to meet some of you and talk to you through our journeys. :-)

4 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Hi :) im claudia 29yo and my wife and i are trying for our 4th! i have a 10,9 and 6yo from my previous marriage and my wife and i feel like its time for us to have a baby

we'll hopefully have our first IUI early may hoping my cycle cooperates and i dont stress my body out :/

i totally understand your jealousy. my bestfriend became pregnant last year around her bday and i was over the moon happy but then her situation with the father and some of the things shed say id go home and cry to my wife because its so easy for her to get pregnant and she sometimes felt blah about it and here i was finally in a good place with an amazing partner and we cant just have a baby.

im better now :) but im super nervous about everything that goes into having an IUI and choosing sperm

User Image [bfp

10 years ago

That's cool Claudia. :) are you going abroad for insemination or staying in the country if you don't mind me asking? :-)

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi! I'm Carol (duh) and I'm 36. DH is 38. We've been trying since September 2012. Hubs has low-ish motility and my cycles and luteal phases are a bit short for my liking. We were going to do IVF but my insurance won't cover the nearby RE and the next closest one is almost an hour away. The logistics with my job, my husband's job, and getting everyone to that clinic are impossible so, we're on our own until next year when I can change my insurance company. Here's hoping that I won't need to worry about that!

I am on CD15 and FINALLY got my LH surge. My bbt chart is a bit whacky but we'll see. I totally get what you mean about friends getting pregnant and being jealous. I've had a couple friends get pregnant, have their babies, and are now pregnant again in the time I've been ttc. And of course everyone and their dogs are having babies around me. *throws hands up in the air*

Littledoc, that sucks having irregular periods. The ovulation kits are definitely nice to have. And don't worry about that negative. I've known women to get their bfp's anywhere from 10 dpo to 21 dpo. You are definitely still in the game Our bodies are crazy.

Claudia, that's so exciting! Will the doctor be giving you Clomid and a trigger shot? That's how we did my IUI. Obviously it failed and then my insurance changed immediately afterwards. I can only imagine how nerve wracking it is to choose a donor. Definitely wanna hear how everything goes.

Fingers crossed that none of us need to worry about ttc for much longer!

User Image WE WANNA SEE THE BFP...GO...LIKE...THIS..... Dang it, BFP! Show up for all of us, already!

10 years ago

Hi Carol

I assume youare in America? That's a nightmare about your insurance. I don't understand about all that unfortunately.

I think I am just over excited this month. :) that's why I've take to testing every day etc. I think I will need to start focusing on something else.
I'm glad other peeps understand about the jealous thing. I was starting to feel like a bad person.

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo