Community post

Discussion

question about positive opk

I started my cycle on Saturday August 22. I was cramping very badly but never bled that bad and still haven't bled that bad as I normally do. Have taken hpt and they all say negative but last night when I went to bathroom there was a lot of clear mucus so I took a opk test and the lines were almost same color, woke up this morning to brown on pad and took another opk test and the lines were exact same color. My period has been very different in no gushes like normal and I usually change pad 4-5 times a day and it hasn't been like it normally has. We have 3 daughters and I am 35 my dh is same age and we have been trying for seven months for number 4. Starting to feel like i am grabbing at straws to conceive as with the first 3 it didn't seem to take as long

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hmm, nothing is really adding up. If you just started your period on August 22nd then it would seem to me that it's too soon for you to be ovulating. Do you have any other signs that you're ovulating besides the positive opk? Do you have the egg white cervical mucous? Is your cervix soft and high? Is there a chance that what you considered to be your period on August 22 was perhaps break through bleeding instead? Your period can change over time for many different reasons, so maybe the bleeding you're having isn't actually your period. What have your previous cycles been like? My only other thought would be to take an hpt, but you mentioned you already did so I'm not sure what else to tell you.

Me (29) Hubby (35) PCOS Mommy to Miss I (2009), Miss P (2014), and now trying for our third. Can't wait to see a soon!

8 years ago

Yes that's why I am confused. My daughter has a five year check up tomorrow with our pd I am going to talk to him then. I have taken seven pregnancy test in the last four days all negative as my period is different this time and taken four opk test in the last 2 days all showing both lines the same color on each test

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo